cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit to restrict WBS creating Network / PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know user Exit for WBS to restrict from creating Network or PR . Basically I want to restrict 1st & 2nd level of WBS from creating PR & my client not ready to use any manual method to restrict the same so I want to know any User Exit for the same .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritzy

Automatic Substitution of user status based on WBS level will resolve your issue

if WBS level =1 or 2 the user status =XXXX (Config User status XXXX prohibits business transaction Account assignment orders/project)
if WBS level >2 user status =YYYY ( Config User status allows business transaction Account assignment orders/project)

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritzy,

You can restrict user to create PR or Network in Project by not selecting Operative Indicator ( Planning Element, Acct asst elem., Billing element )

And other solution is already suggested by Amit and Saurabh above by creating Validation in OPSI t code.

Regards

Shashank Gaur

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How many levels of WBS you are using in your project structure? 1-2 levels or many more? If you want to restrict network creation for whole structure then in OPSA (project profile) make fields of network profile and network assignment as blank.

Another way, can be validation (I am not sure but you can just try it out),  PRPS-STUFE is equal to 1 and 2 , check Network asst (PRPS-ZUORD for WBS element), (now, if check is fulfilled, pop -up an error)

For restricting PR creating there is a way already discussed in the forum (Res/Purchase Requi. indicator), you may search on it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want system to not to create network on level 1 and level 2 wbs. Have I understood this correctly.?

Just think of a situation, if you do not set account assignment element indicator on those 2 levels of WBS then would you be able to create Network.? Try this in your development/quality client. If it works then check you should not have maintained the tick mark on " All Acct. Assgin Element" in OPSA (Project Profile). Remove that if you have maintained.

Now, Maintain validation/substitution so that it works like whenever system encounters PRPS-STUFE = 1 OR 2 then it should not select PRPS-BELKZ.

My idea of providing this logic is simple " No Network means->No Mat Component Assignment->No Direct PR".

Else, you can also maintain User Status but you need to search for correct business transaction and I also thought of changing the Procurement Parameter to NEVER in Res/Pur. Req. The same you can opt in OPUU (Network profile) but in this case you need to create network so its of no use. Try Implementing my first logic and let me know if it helps you.

I hope this may help you.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit ,

Thanks for reply

As per your comment Remove Acc. Assignment tick is one of the solution which I tried but this is Higher level WBS ( 1st & 2nd level)  we 5 level of WBS structure for project if I remove tick for these level as seen discussion in forum it may not good practice to remove the Acc. Assignment tick for Higher level WBS .

So I need to suggestion

1. 1) Is  there any User exit available to restrict the network for only 1st & 2nd level WBS  because my user are not ready for  User status or  for any manual process  .
  2. 2) Is it possible to give only display  authorization  for only 1st & 2nd level WBS   to some user ( only for those who creates Network in project structure)
  3. 3) Any way if I creates Network but not possible creates Activity or not possible to assign Material to that Activity ( to restricts Creates PR  or Reservation through CJ20n )

Need solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritzy,

Yes, you are right it is not a good practice because it will impact from logistic point of view because if you remove operative indicator Acc. Assignment Element then those WBS will be bound to not to collect direct cost and there are lots of error that you may face because of untick of Acct. Assignment Element.

Meanwhile, can you check OPSG settings. Go to Component Tab and do the settings as Create/Change/Delete action of material component.

Try this.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me again take your queries point wise.

1. Is  there any User exit available to restrict the network for only 1st & 2nd level WBS  because my user are not ready for  User status or  for any manual process  .

Answer:- Try

CNEX0009 (Material Components in Network)

CNEX0026

PPC00008 (Enhancement in adding and change in Components)

2. Is it possible to give only display  authorization  for only 1st & 2nd level WBS   to some user ( only for those who creates Network in project structure)

Answer:-  Yes, try executing SHD0 and create a transaction variant and later on do the changes like which field to make display only and which one to not.

OR

Ask Basis guys if they can help you out in this case.

3. Any way if I creates Network but not possible creates Activity or not possible to assign Material to that Activity ( to restricts Creates PR  or Reservation through CJ20n )

Answer:- Try OPSG settings as I mentioned in my earlier post.

OR

Try in OPUA, OPUB and OPUC and search if you hide activity based on INFLUENCING FIELD on LEVELS of 1 or 2 only.

OR

Change Procurement Parameter Indicator of Res/Pur. req to NEVER

OR search in OPUK (Not sure if this can help you)

OR Try using user staus and set it to level 1 and 2 only. You need to use all Object Types of Network. There would be 3 object types related to network and then use the business transaction as Material Purchase Requisition. Set this to Forbidden and then set this user status to WBS/Network.

Have a look at the following screen shot.

I hope this may help you..!!

Regards,

Amit

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can achieve it by user status so when project object is in Allow to PR condition then system will allow to create PR.

opposite it if project object having the status Not allow to PR then system will not to allow the creating PR.

just check business object of PR as RMBA is the status of that allow or any other ? once it would be allow then system will allow to create the PR for that object which have status allow, let me know if any thing else.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client doesn't want to restrict manually.Clients requirement is automatic PR restriction for level 1 and level 2.Is there any user exit for this requirement.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will work based on logic, not what you think. so in this way for automatic PR creation too you have to given logic in development program, so could you elaborate your business concept over here?

Regards,

Sanjeev