Did you mean: 

Delivery order - Automatic batch performance issue

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Recently when user try to create

Sales order to

VL01N - System takes more time to create delivery order (system displays Batch deter of Mat XXXXX) and after approx 2 min,system display delivery order with all details.

Existing config:

Automatic batch determination configured

Batch Search strategy record maintained in VCH1

No enhancement executes - during creation of delivery order.

In case, batch is assigned manually in sales order , then delivery get created with THAT batch immediate.

Now,

Please guide to analyse the performance problem in automatic batch creation in delivery order.

In case, if its Basis issue, requesting guidance from Basis experts too.

Regards,

OD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to analyze which table is causing this. When you click on create delivery and system takes two minutes just run Tcode SM50 and see the table where system is taking too long. You'll get the table where system is taking time and then you could check that table.

Check this and update.

Thank$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my experience, such issues are nearly always related to the classification part of batch determination. If this is the case (You will see by checking SM50 as per

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mozzam and Noel,

Thanks for guidance.

I checked SM50 - system takes time in KSSK and AUSP.

----------------------

As per Noel reply, i executed CLST for 022 batches.

But still delivery creation takes same time.

Regards,

OD

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check one more thing. Go to SE11 and see how many number of records are there in these tables?

Meanwhile check this note with your BASIS guy and try to implement this in some test client and see the impacts.

1071976 - Search for specifications using characteristic values is too slow

In this note there are some others. Check those as well.

Thank$

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam,

KSSK- 102,009

AUSP- 196,083

and when we change our prd server to recovery server then in recovery server it is working fine.

And currently BI datasources configured along with this delivery creation some of Z Abap reports also got performance issue.

Is that anything related to server profile parameters.?

Regards,

OD

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

These numbers are not enough to effect system performance. Z reports can take too long to execute because of their logic but standard functionality shouldn't take this much long. Did you check the note and other related notes in it? I hope you'd overcome this issue by implementing this note or some other according to your scenario which you can see in related notes in the one I have shared. \

I don't think so it is related to server profile parameters but since I am SD guy not a BASIS one so some BASIS guy could comment on this better than me.

Thank$

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe this can help:

Go to transaction SM30 and maintain table/view V_TFSBD. Select Application 'V' and switch the active sequence from B to C. Then ATP will be executed before Class selection and therefore batches with zero quantity won't be used for the class selection.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Were you able to see the batch number in MMBE ? 

G. Lakshmipathi

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, in T CODE MMBE system displays material - storage location - batch and qty.

Regards,

OD