cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update ABAP user deletes SU01 parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

After creating some ABAP users in 3 ABAP systems and setting them some SU01 parameters. my attributes are param_DEV, param_UAT, param_PRD.

Each time my ABAP create job runs my users are created successfully with the right parameters (set as constants in each system). After this the ABAPUpdate job deleted all the parameters because the 3 attributes (param_DEV, param_UAT, param_PRD) are empty.

For example:

In the CreateABAP job I set: parameter1= AB I CD I EF ...

In the UpdateABAP job I set: parameter1 = %param_%$rep.$NAME%%

After creating ABAP users, the end user can add, remove some parameters in the ABAP system so ABAPUpdate sets parameters as empty.

So how to keep the created parameters and the updated one ?

What should I put in my Attributes values to handle the updated parameters.

Many thanks for the help,

Mia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mia,

Attribute values are there to provide legal values for use in the Web UI for pull down, or other choice based lookups.

My thinking is that there's something in the workflow that's over writing your parameters.

Have you turned on the trace for a test user and watched what happens? This is probably the easiest way to see where your issue is.

Regards,

Matt

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mia,

to add to Matt's questions: do you have a job, that reads the new parameters from the ABAP systems into IdM? You wrote, that the users can add parameters of their own. How do those get into IdM? Because if they are not present there, when that update-job is running, it will overwrite them with the value of your repository-constant again.

Or, since it seems to delete the values in the ABAP system, it sounds more like it doesn't find its way to the ABAP constant and therefor just writes "" down.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi, Matt,

Happy to read you again.

When I said the user can update ABAP parameter I mean: After the user creation in the ABAP backend, the user can add other SU01 parameters to the existing one (when user was created).

But when running the ABAPUpdate job, it remove all the first SU01 parameters (repository constants)

BR,

Mia

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So just those parameters remain in the ABAP system, that the user added himself?

But my other question remains: do you read the current parameters into IdM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

All the SU01 parameters that I put as constant for each repository are removed when the update job runs.

So just those parameters remain in the ABAP system, that the user added himself?

--> all parameters are removed

But my other question remains: do you read the current parameters into IdM?

--> Users does not have access to IdM UI so the parameters can be added in the ABAP backend.

Each time the ABAP Create user runs the and create SU01 parameters, the UpdateABAP user comes and removes all the SU01 parameters.

Many Thanks,

Mia

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, don't you have jobs, that read information from your ABAP systems back into IdM? Something like lock-status or the accounts etc?

If you don't read the parameters of the users in the ABAP systems back into IdM once in a while, IdM doesn't know about them and when the user is updated again, those parameters will be overwritten again with the information from IdM.

That's not really something I'm confused about here.

What I'm confused about is, that IdM doesn't even write the default parameters into the ABAP system, when you have defined in your update-task, that it should use %param_%$rep.$NAME%%

You should follow Matt's idea with the tracing to see, what IdM is writing down, as parameter1 comes up empty through the update (removing the parameters in the ABAP system in the progress).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Could you please help me how to read the user parameters in ABAP systems back into IdM ?

Regards,

Mia

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have a look at the initial load job. I think, there is a part, where the parameters are read (and written into IdM), too. We don't use this in our setup, so I don't have a tested way to do it at hand.

Regards,

Steffi.