cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Implementation: Manage Material Shortages - "Failure - Unable to start App"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to Implement FIORI App Manage Material Shortages.

App Implementation: Manage Material Shortages - SAP Fiori for SAP ERP 1.0 - SAP Library

My problem is that I get just the error message "Failure - Unable to start App".

As far as I can tell, our system meets all requirements, we have the launchpad working for many other transactional apps.

I am following the link above to the APP implementation on SAPHelp, however I have found a few inconsistencies between SAPHelp and what I can see in our system.

• The help file refers to SP03 "UIEAAP01 SP03 (EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0)", but in SMP,  I can only see SP2 released for UIEAAP01. (We have SAPK-10002INUIEAAP01, and NW740 SP5 on Hana installed).
  • The required SAP note 1955289  has not been released yet.
  • Required PFCG roles for app has been assigned to the user.
  • PP_MATSHORT_DT activated in SICF
  • App implementation in SAPHelp refers to OData Service PP_MRP_COCKPIT_SRV, however when I implement this service in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, I can only find PP_MATERIAL_MRP_COCKPIT_SRV.
  • While the above might only be a typing error, the following shows that I might be missing something. The two classes, Data Provider & Model Provider does not exist in SAPGUI (Shown below).

Any help will be appreciated, clearly I am missing something here...

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

razarizvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Lukas, were you able to find any solution. It would great if you could share...

Raza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raza,  for PP_MRP_COCKPIT_SRV I used the service that was already implemented by SAP in the "SAP" name range and assigned a System alias to it. I know this is not the most satisfactory solution, but I couldn't find any other way.

0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

We are facing a similar error. We have also assigned the System Alias for this particular service. But even after assigning the system alias, we are facing the error 'Unable to Launch app' in the launchpad. There is no error in the GW error logs also.

Did you do any additional configurations apart from this?

Your inputs would be really valuable.

Thanks,

Vasu.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Please find some error in OData call.

SAP Fiori LL11 - Consultants should know about OData troubleshooting

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Masa,

This confirms that there are missing software components. I will wait for UIEAAP01 SP3 to be released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

I think there might be an inconsistency in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

Technical service "PP_MRP_COCKPIT_SRV" can be seen on the initial screen, but when I add service, the message "Backend Services are already registered for System LOCAL" is issued.

However this App has not been implemented before.

Is there a way to correct this so that the app can activated?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

You can delete the service and add it again in /iwfnd/maint_service.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the problem, it is not there as a customer implementation.

Only the standard which issues message "ICF node 'PP_MRP_COCKPIT_SRV' could not be deleted. Reason: 'Node is not in original system" if I try to delete that.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

PP_MRP_COCKPIT_SRV is the correct service.

You can add correct system alias and make it as default in the /iwfnd/maint_service.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa, but that is not possible.  I get the following error as shown below:

• /iwfnd/maint_service, add service

• which gives the following error

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Try the "Add System Alias" at the right bottom area.

Regards, Masa

razarizvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Masa,

We are also facing the exact same issue and we have done the steps many times. Here is a summary,

1. for one instance of EHP7 of ECC 6.0 the service implementation is by SAP and is not a Z (Customer) implementation.

2. on another instance we are facing the same issue even after ensuring the system alias is correctly assigned. (please the screenshot).

Kind Regards,
Raza.