cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Access Request - Provisioning Logs Not Available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am currently running into an issue with the user provisioning logs, the Request Approval notification which is sent to the user are at the end of an approved access request are as below and the Provisioning Logs tab is throwing a timeout error when opened.

"Hi Varsha Upadhyay (B001193),

The Request number : 26 , has been processed and the Request is Closed. The details are as follows:

Provisioning failed; check provisioning log for details.

Kind regards,
Access Control Administrator "

I have checked the table 'GRACREQPROVLOG'  and I see the logs available in the table, When I open the logs for a particular request no I see the below error message under the 'Prov Message' field

"Type conflict when calling a function module (field length)"

Similarly in SLG1, I find the following message at the end of each provisioning task that has taken place at the end of a request being approved.

"Error in RFC; 'Type conflict when calling a function module (field length)'.

I made sure I gave SAP_ALL to all the RFC ID's and also the WF-BATCH ID's, and the integration scenarios are also defined correctly for all the target system.

It seems that this error is just preventing the provisioning details from being displayed in the email or in the Provisioning logs, but the user provisioning has actually taken place as expected (viewed in SU01).

So i'm wondering even after provisioning has actually taken place successfully, why would this error occur. Does anyone know the source for this error message, please let me know what am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is typically error in the function module in the backend.

if this is really an error, then you should be able to find the error log via t-code ST22.

Enter the date of the error and the look for the error which matches the description.

You might need an abaper to help you check the code from the ST22.

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimha,

The error seems to be associated with wrong type being passed as a parameter to a function module.

Can you check the field mapping for your connectors in SPRO? There might be a mismatch happenning there.

Thanks

Sammukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammukh,

I haven't done any field mapping in SPRO, the table is empty. the connector groups are not mapped to any actions. Not able to resolve the issue yet.

Thanks

Narsimha