cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Applications ERP 6.0 EHP 5.0 Compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellllllllo SAP Mobile World !!!!

I am attempting to implement Fiori Applications from scratch.  I have gone through all Installation Guides.

We are currently running SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 5.0 via NW 7.02 SP09.

I have a little confusion about the Fiori App to ERP version compatibility.

I have three examples illustrating my confusion and could use a answer to each point if possible.

Point 01)

We wish to use implement “App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders”.

Looking at “SAP Fiori principal apps for SAP ERP 1.0” from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fiorierpx1_100/helpdata/en/57/7f3c52c638b610e10000000a44176d/content.htm....

“SAP Fiori Apps for SAP ERP”--> “Approve Purchase Orders”

The “Back-End Components Delivered with (Product VersionStack)” under “System Landscape Requirements” lists our implementation “SAP enhancement package 5 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS03 or higher”.  I assume this means that “App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders” is compatible with our version.

Once I go into “App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders”  I see “SAP enhancement package 5 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS03 or higher” for “Back-End Components Delivered with (Product Version Stack)”

This leads me to believe that “App Implementation: Approve Purchase Orders” is supported by my installation.

Am I correct and if not why?

Point 02)

We wish to use implement “App Implementation: Change Sales Orders”.

Looking at “SAP Fiori principal apps for SAP ERP 1.0” from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fiorierpx1_100/helpdata/en/bf/67565214c31357e10000000a445394/content.htm....

“SAP Fiori Apps for SAP ERP” --> “Change Sales Orders”

The “Back-End Components Delivered with (Product Version Stack)” under “System Landscape Requirements” lists our implementation “SAP
enhancement package 5 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS03 or higher”.  I assume this means that “App Implementation: Change Sales Orders” is compatible with our version.

Once I go into “App Implementation: Change Sales Orders” I see “1942983” for “Back-End/Front-End Server”

It describes notes for “EHP7 FOR SAP ERP6.0”.  This leads me to believe that “App Implementation: Change Sales Orders” is supported by my installation, but if we happened to upgrade to EHP 7 then this note will need to be implemented.

Am I correct and if not why?

Point 03)

We wish to
use implement “App Implementation: Equipment”.

Looking at “SAP Fiori Apps” from http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/73/c9e452a413b267e10000000a441470/content.htm?frameset=....

“SAP Fiori Apps” --> “SAP Fiori Apps for SAP ERP” --> “Apps for Logistics” --> “Plant Maintenance (PM)” -->“Equipment”

The “Back-End Components Delivered with (Product Version Stack)” under “System Landscape Requirements” lists our implementation “SAP
enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 05”. I assume this means that “App Implementation: Equipment” is NOT compatible with our version.

Am I correct?  Are there any SAP Notes that can be implemented to circumvent such limitations if they exist?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You looked at old help document. Please look at SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library.

Find the app in the structure and find backend requirement level. Some apps require higher EhP and some apps work on without EhP.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful answers.  You all have sent me on the correct path for further investigation.  As a result I have a few more questions.  I apologize for what might seem "stupid questions".

01) Is it true that the Front-End Server must run on either SAP NetWeaver 7.00. 7.01, 7.02, or 7.31?

02) Is the Front-End installation of NW a full installation and not one for say a NW Application Server that doesn't have a underlying database?

03) Development of custom applications take place on the Front-End Server?  If so I guess question 02 is unnecessary.

04) I trying confirm my understanding of the prerequisites for “App Implementation: Track Purchase Order” @ http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/01/b13a522fecb610e10000000a44176d/content.htm?frameset=...

The “Back-End Components Delivered with (Product Version Stack)” lists “SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 5.0” so I am assuming this app is compatible with our Fiori landscape once the Front-End running on NW 7.31 is installed.  We are currently running SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 5.0 based on NW 7.02 SP09.  Is my assumption correct?

05) I trying confirm my understanding of the prerequisites for “App Implementation: Approve Service Entry Sheets” @ http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/64/1a96523ef7224fe10000000a445394/content.htm?frameset=...

”Back-End Components Delivered with (Product Version Stack)” lists “SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 05”.  Does this truly mean that the backend system must have EHP 7 for ERP 6.0?

Thanks so much for the help!

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos