Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow is broken after system refresh

former_member400151
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are planning on EHP upgrade to SP15. Prior to doing that we did a system copy of production to Development.

I completed all the config steps and now can also see that the New access request is pointing to the development system.

I creates a new Access request after completing all the sync jobs and master data update. The UAR request also gets submitted successfully and I get a UAR# triggered. As part of it I as a requestor also get a notification about the request#.

But it STOPS at this stage. I don's see an update on audit log as it usally does. It just stops with the requested information but does not trigger any email or a work item to the next stage approver (manager in my case).

Though this is a system copy we ensured all the event linkages were activated same as in production . BRF+ works fine with simulation and we also generated BRF+ and MSMP workflow.

Still no luck. I have used tcode GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD for analysis and found that the following task ID's were also completed for a production request. But when I compared that with the Dev request that I created I see log does not process any background step .

TS76308024,TS76308025,TS76308027,TS76308048,TS76308025,TS76308027,TS76308048,TS76308051,WS76300056,TS76308026 (completed for succussfull completion in Prod)

I have ensured WF-BATCH ID is active and not locked.

In dev I only see TS76308024 (Ready) and WS76300056 (started)

I have activated the debug mode and I have enclosed the log result here.

Please help me on this to resolve the issue. We need to complete this and then perform SP 15 upgrade and move this all the way to production by 7/25.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member400151
Participant
0 Kudos

We are now in the process of doing SP15 upgrade in our Dev system. Should I be following any steps after this upgrade like activating BC sets,event linkages,agents,workflows etc?

Should I be transporting the rule sets or newly generated version of workflow to quality system from Development system?

Please advice.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to re-activate BC sets if you upgrade the SPs or the versions. As these get captured in TR so post transporting to the follow on systems, it will be activated with the import of TR's.

Yes you need to transport the SoD rule sets, workflows to Q system and there you need to generate the rule set to make it active.

Ameet

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

The problem seams to be with your Event Linkages, please check the below thread it might be useful for you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3401449

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member400151
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alessandrofor and Neeraj!!

Our issue was resolved .This was related to Automatic workflow customizing logical destination issue. On executing this it worked perfectly fine.

Thanks

Lakshmi

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

basically the system copy should be done the same way as the standard copy process of other SAP systems. However, there are some additional steps to check.

Please verify old references for your old system as they don't exist in the new system:

- Connectors (remove if not used)

- MSMP Workflows; make sure the workflow service URL references the new host name

- etc.

Hope this helps to check.

Regards,

Alessandro