cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during the SAP Host Agent installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to install the SAP Host Agent in a Windows Server. I downloaded the file for 7.20 version, the latest patch available (level 188): SAPHOSTAGENT188_188-20005735.SAR

I´m following the SAP note 1031096 - Installing Package SAPHOSTAGENT

When I install the SAP Host Agent, it show me the following error:

C:\sap\host>saphostexec -install

Install service

Please enter password for user .\sapadm: ********

Check Installation Path ...ok

Copy Executable ...[WARNING] Open service SAPHostExec failed (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

)

[WARNING] Open service SAPHostExec failed (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

)

Copying...ok

Generate Profile ...ok

Check Upgrade ...ok

Install windows service ...Service SAPHostExec registered!

ok

Check for saphostcontrol ...Register sapstartsrv: "C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\exe\sapstartsrv.exe" -r -soap -p "C:\Program Files\SAP\hostctrl\exe\h

ost_profile" -s SAP -n 99 -U .\sapadm -q -P ********

[ERROR] saphostcontrol registration failed wit exitcode -1

[ERROR] Failed

C:\sap\host>

At Windows services (services.msc) I see two new services but when I try to start both manually it show me an error:

I already tried to uninstall the SAP Host Agent using the command saphostexec.exe -uninstall

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/34/b28f7c6ec849c4a8c641beedcf90dc/content.htm

I try to install again the SAP Host Agent but it show me the same error!

Can you help me please?

How can I solve this issue?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

PLs refer below links,

Regards

K.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

Sorry for the delayed answer.

This issue was solved some weeks ago.

The main problem was the Anti-Virus software running on the host! I disabled the Anti-Virus and I ran again the installation without problems.

Thank you,

samid raif

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Samid,

you should start only SAPHostControl service and this service will start SAPHostExec service. Which user are used to start the services, for the SAPHostControl this should be .\sapadm and for the SAPHostExec this should be LocalSystem user. Please try to start SAPHostControl service and if possible please attach sapstartsrv.log and dev_saphostexec files.

Ensure also, that you start cmd.exe as an administartor when you install SAPHOSTAGENT.

regards,
Alwina

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ho raif,

I think you already have hostagent installed. Goto c drive and program files. You will find hostagent installed in sap directory. Put your agent in temp directory and update your hostagent.

Regards

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Please have a look into installation steps as described under link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_lvment20/helpdata/en/e4/44b62c4034412db5a96e3ed2e30e33/content.htm

Especially have a look into SAP notes mentioned in the link and take corrective actions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori