cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP-WM Interface Activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client is having a requirement wherein PP-WM interface has to be activated.They are currently using Oracle.

It has to be configured from the scratch.

The process starts from Production order release. Pick list is generated and the component issue is posted based on the availability of the component items in the warehouse.Similarly, once the finished product is ready then it is moved to FGI warehouse. There is material staging being used in the current process.

The requirement is to generate Transfer requirement and Transfer order from Production order release.It is a discrete manufacturing scenario that is being used. The component issue from the warehouse has to happen from TO confirmation. The FGI stock has to go to FGI warehouse through TO confirmation.

Could you please guide me with the configuration steps that I need to do in order to satisfy the requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Subhasis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use t-code OMK0.

Define WM movement type for material staging, default mv.type is 319.

Go to Interfaces => Define production (OMK0) in WM IMG path to assign the movement type for production replenihsment.

Define storage type 100 as the replenishment ST.

Define replenishment mv.type for this ST and make sure you don't activate SU management and also don't assign putaway and pick strategy.

Create Production Supply Areas. You must define and manage physical production storage bins using WM. Define the control cycle records within a plant to establish how and to where a material is to be supplied within a production supply area.

Activate the PP interface in the warehouse number record. OLML => Warehouse Management => Interfaces => Define production.

If you want to use automatic staging, it is essential that the materials used in connection with this interface are assigned to a production storage location and contain a production scheduler.

You need to enter production supply areas in the work centers master data.

To create production supply areas in Customizing for Warehouse Management in your system, execute OLML => Warehouse Management => Interfaces => Define Production. (t-code OMK0)

The control cycle record consists plant, production supply area and material and determines for the WM-PP interface the production storage bin and the type of material staging that is used. The production storage bin is defined by this key: warehouse number, storage type and bin.

You create control cycles by choosing LO => LE => Master Data => Warehouse => Production Supply => Control Cycle Production Supply => Create. (This is not customizing, but user menu path)

You can also define a control cycle without specifying the material. This general entry is valid for all materials in the supply area for which no control cycle has been defined.

I would suggest reading this, will get you a quick-start:
WM-PP Interface for Pick Parts Material Staging - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are starting from scratch, i suggest please go through with the SAP standard link and start the configuration if you get stuck at any point fell free to post your query and i am sure u will get immediate response from the SCN member

Setting up the WM-PP Interface - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library