cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining role detailed description(i.e long text) issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone help me out with the issue which i'm facing while maintaining role detailed description(i.e long text) .

In standard GRC approver screen, on click on any technical role it opens role details popup where we have one tab namely detailed description.

Can any one let me know where to maintain that role detail description or from where (any table)it fetches the role detailed description?

PFB the snapshot for reference.

Thanks

KH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Katrice,

Check table GRACROLET. I think what you are looking for is in field DESCN, but you have to have the Role ID.  Role name and Role ID are in GRACROLE.

Those role attributes can be maintained via role (re)import.

Good luck!

Gretchen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Could you please close this thread with the appropriate markings, unless you have any other follow-up questions.

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Detailed description for any role can only be maintained in BRM during role maintenance.

At the first stage: Define role--once you mention all the criteria like Application type, landscape et al. then after saving you can click on Additional details tab--There you can maintain the detailed description of that role.

I guess, now your doubts are clear.

Rgards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to make this field read only in other phases of BRM?

We need it to be in edit mode in define phase alone.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

what SP are you on?

This role detailed description is maintained at backend system (PFCG) during role creation.

This information is later replicated to SAP GRC BRM (role detailed description as on your screen shoot) during role rep sync jobs.

This data can be also maintained in SAP GRC (define stage) during role creation.

If I remember correctly from SP14 this information once updated in BRM is later populated to ECC (both way sync).

Hope this helps,

Filip