cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F 7.0 Cost Center and Cost Center Hierarchy Data Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

To craete a new cost center code in a cost center hierachy, i have to specify that under which cost center group the incoming cost center should be placed during KS02 or other create program. this is How ECC handles cration/maintainance of cost center hierachy.

Looking at CCTR, CCRTH+CCTRG data models, there is NO cost center group field defined in CCTR. and there is cost center group/cost center hierarchy and its relationship defined in CCRTH/CCTGR.

I was expecting to see the relationship of cost center and cost center group defined in there too. Otherwise, MDG-F won't be able to know where the incoming cost center should go.

Am I missing something?

Perhaps, CCRTH is actually used for cost center group or the highest cost center hiera and CCTRG can also be used for cost center though they are called hierachy and cost center group respectively.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

You are right. Cost center master data doesn't have the group or hierarchy field. You have to use a different way to create a cost center.

First, create a  blank CR type - make sure CC hierarchy / group and Cost center entity types are part of this CR and do not tick single process the other option in CR type.

Then create a blank CR from NWBC.

Follow the below instructions -

1. In your Change request menu you can see the collective processing option. Click on that

2. Then for cost center select the cost center group as entity type. Choose the valid edition and select the controlling area and click on next.

3. Click on it and you will get a blank screen with various buttons on top

4. Click on the edit option. Initially your screen is blank with no data.

5. Now create a topmost hierarchy - Click on insert button and choose create new hierarchy option.

6. Do not select the Insert as subnode option as it’s a top node. Click on Transfer, the hierarchy is created. Save it in your CR.

7. Once the hierarchy top node is created, you have to assign groups under it. Create group in same way i.e click on Insert option and click on Create new CCtr Group. Add as many as groups you want. Select insert as subnode as it will be part of hierarchy.

Once you create group, you have to now create Cost center. To create cost center, you have to select on NEW button which is on top of the screen. Once the CC is created, you have to assign it under the group.

To do that again click on Insert - Insert cost center under the relevant group. Take your CC which you have created now and assign it under group.

This way you create a CC and assign it under the group. If your replication model is perfect then the CC will be replicated first and after few minutes (min 20 mins for big hierarchy) the CC will get assigned to the group in ECC.

Hope this information is useful

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

I am facing same issue. I want to assign Hiearchy area but it is not avalable in CC single processing.

Which CR type should be selected for creating blank CR?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

You can't use single processing for creating and assigning CC to groups. Use Collective processing. As mention, make sure that the single process and object required is not ticked.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Thanks.

I can now create CCH and activate them but IDOC is not generated when try to replicate in ECC.

Same data reploication model I used for CC and GL replication and for them it is working fine.

For CCH I used message type COGRP1. Is this correct as when try to test IDOC in WE19 outbound IDOC generated successfully but for Inbound it gives error saying that

Set class not supported in IDoc COGRPx input

Message no. GS831

Diagnosis

You tried to create a set from set class  in the input of an IDoc of
    message type COGRPx. This set class is not supported. Other possible set
    classes are:

Group                           Set Class
    Cost center group               0101
    Cost element group              0102
    Order group                     0103
    Statistical key figure group    0104
    Activity type group             0105
    Profit center group             0106
    Business process group          0107
    Cost object group               0108
    Account group (Profit Center)   0109

Any clue,why Idoc not getting generated during data replication?