cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question(s) Regarding Personas Capabilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are new users of Personas and are trying to figure out all of the tool's capabilities. Below are some questions that our users had when determining whether or not the Personas tool can replace some GUI screens:

1) Is it possible to have field requirements in text boxes created (e.g. character limits and number/letter only restrictions)?

2) Can scripts be used between multiple sessions in Personas? For example, we would like to be able to "/o" with a transaction in a script button, but it simply does nothing if we try that. Furthermore, it will not allow us to use fields from other sessions in a script (e.g. we would like to copy a value in session 1 and paste it in session 2, but got the error that the control wasn't found. Is this possible in Personas scripting)?

3) In certain transactions, there are different buttons at the top of the screen depending on which tab is selected on a screen, and when creating a flavor, it somehow only grabs the buttons from the tab you are currently on and uses those on every tab on the screen. Is there some setting where we can get around this issue?

4) General scripting question: is there a way to alter the size of the box when creating scripts to make it easier to see all of the steps? Additionally, is there a way to make navigation within the scripting tool easier (because when you delete a step it takes you to the top of the screen, which can be tedious if you are working with a very large script)?

5) In the GUI, at the very top-left there is a menu that has an option for users to either Stop Transaction or Create Session and these options are missing when using Personas. Is there a solution for recovering this functionality in Personas?

6) In scripting, we are trying to create a Fast Order Entry (and Fast Order Display) option but when trying to copy/paste variant configuration the script gives a "control not found" error message. In scripting, is there some special action that needs to take place when trying to copy/paste VC values? We have had success with the general order header/line item data but always run into errors with the VC.

7) Can variants be used within Personas?

We understand that Personas may not be able to fully replace every piece of GUI functionality but we are trying to get a yes/no as to some of the questions we have come up with.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Maximum length can be set (you have to use the properties option). Masking/Formatting is not possible.

2) We experienced unwanted behaviour when multiple personas screens are open at the same time. We suspect this is a limitation related to Silverlight.

3) Are your tabs in cache mode?

4) Available in Personas 2.0 SP2 (with additional latest notes)

5) No

6) Before the paste, make sure you do a screen refresh.

7) Not yet tested, I'm curious to have an answer as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback. As a follow up to item 6, I've tried the refresh and that doesn't seem to help. Let me see if I can spell out the scenario in greater detail.

We are trying to change the VA03 transaction so that in the Initial screen, the user can type in an order # and run a script to go into the order and copy/paste values from the order header/item/VC and bring them back into custom fields in the Initial screen to create a fast order display. Would it be possible to do this?

Thanks,

Justin

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

For VA03 transaction you need screen id and control id overwrite rules before you can create any flavors. Please refer to note#1999747 for more details.

On Variant, if you meant screen variant and table variant then yes when you use variant, it will be applicable in SAPGui, WebGui and Personas.

Regards

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have probably already tried these steps, but just in case I think the Refresh has to go before the copy and not the paste.

Also this link to the awesome video below may help if you have not already seen it.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Please describe how to select table alv variant dynamically?

I am using ME54N Transaction code, when run my script with my logon all works ok as scrip was recorded with my id and correct table variant But same script failed for other user as their table variant are different by default.

Please help me understand how can set variant dynamically execute my script and then again revert variant for user as my all scripting is dependent on column sequence in a particular variant.

Global Variant change in ME54N reflected in all ME51N/ME52N/ME53N .. so we can not set it as global for all user.

Please help.

Regards,

Rakesh Mourya.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Variants cant be changed dynamically.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (0)