Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to proxy scenario --> Update query not working as expected

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing problem in one JDBC to proxy scenario in which we are trying to fetch records from source DB using 'select TOP 500'  and in update we have update top(500) for same condition but from 9500 records only  2300 are coming to target.We also checked that all the records are unique.

select TOP 500  F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.EmpCode,F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.ConcID, F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eDate, F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eTime, F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6,F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Status from F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord WHERE F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eDate ='2014-06-08 00:00:00:000'   AND F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6 is NULL

update top(500)  F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord  set F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6 = 'X' WHERE F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eDate ='2014-06-05 00:00:00:000' AND F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6 is NULL

what is wrong in this? please help.

Here extra6 field act as flag.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dlip,

Have you set Transaction Level Isolation = serializable?

Check this blog

Regards.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for that but I set that as serializable now but still the problem persist

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Closing the thread...This issue got resolved.

Had to put more conditions in update query.

Bacially I put same select query in update also as a condition.

select TOP 500  F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.EmpCode,F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.ConcID, F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eDate, F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eTime, F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6,F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Status from F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord WHERE F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6 is NULL  ORDER BY F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.EmpCode,F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eTime

UPDATE F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord SET F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6 = 'X' WHERE F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.EmpCode in ( select TOP 500  F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.EmpCode from F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord WHERE F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6 is NULL ORDER BY F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.EmpCode,F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eTime) AND F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eTime in (select TOP 500  F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eTime from F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord WHERE F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.Extra6 is NULL ORDER BY F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.EmpCode,F6Accounts.dbo.TOLRecord.eTime)

Thanks for all your helps experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The values that you gave for eDate in the select/update query are just an example or same values are used in the query? Because i see dates are different in Select and Update query.

'2014-06-08 00:00:00:000'

'2014-06-05 00:00:00:000'

Regards

Osman

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hii ..sry.that happened by mistake , actually before posting I forgot to sync both select and update..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try running the select/update queries on the DB table directly and see the result.

Check if it give proper result there.

Regards

Osman