cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC to PI and PO SLD Connection

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

PO is recently introduced to our landscape whereas existing PI 7.0 will be acting as usual. Need to connect 2 ESRs with one ECC. Found some blogs on the steps on how to do but confusion is on how the ECC config will be in terms of SLD connection. i:e: LCRSAPRFC,  SAPSLDAPI.  How to get these connected to new PO server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhradeep,

Just to add on, while you can only connect the ECC system to only 1 ESR/SLD during design time, it is possible to connect to multiple PI/PO systems during runtime. Check Vadim's answer in the following thread for a thorough explanation of it.

Rgds

Eng Swee

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eng Swee,

thanks for setting the record straight. Wasn't aware of thats an official posibiltiy 🙂

Cheers

Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhradeep,

from ECC you can connect only one SLD either PO or PI. So if you want to send message from ECC to both system PO and PI you need to maintained the same name for ECC business system in both the SLD.

you can also check the below blog

regards,

Harish

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhradeep,

I think you must distinct between ESR and SLD. Harish is correct that you only can connect one SLD from ECC. Same is true for ESR.

However, for SLD you could leave connection as it is (to PI 7.0) and use so called bridge forwarding to transfer SLD from PI SLD to PO SLD. Instead of bridge forwarding you could also use SLD synchronisation, which would not only include automatically registered data but self created SWCVs and products and the like

Please see here for reference SLD Content Synchronization - Configuring, Working with and Administering System Landscape Directory...

I would suggest to use Bridge Forwarding in this situation. We have a similar situation (old PI 7.0 and new PI 7.4) and are currently doing bridge forwarding from 7.0 SLD to 7.4 SLD. Works like a charm.

Cheers

Jens

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the info but the link is not opening.

/A.B

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Opens for me. Must have been temp problem.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhradeep,

As mention by Jens the link is working. you can try the blog

regards,

Harish

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got your point now. Thanks.

So how inbound scneario will work? Do we need to create any kind of RFC in PO which will point to the ECC?

/A.B