cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text - Translations based on Log - on language - Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In smartforms, for a text to print in different languages based on the log on language. I have maintained translation for that Text in different languages via/using SE63.

In smartform - in form attributes i ensured that the radio button "Translate to all languages is checked".

Question 1?. Now the question is - when i run the smartform-function module & see the output, the Translated Text appears fine(in romanian language) in log-on language RO. But when i run the respective Transaction where the smartform is attached to the output type, the text still appears in English.

Why its getting translated when you directly run the function module of the smartform, but not when you run the respective transaction.

Question 2?. I changed the radio option to "Do not Translate" in the form attributes of the smartform. But still when i run the smartform-function module, the text still appears in (in romanian language) in log-on language RO.

The question is when i give no translation, why it still appears in Romanian language instead of printing in english when the original text is maintained in english.

Let me know the solutions.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

santosh ,

Login in RO language and Open the SSF and assign the Translated Text.

If you use Text module pass the Language ( sy-langu ) as a variable at runtime in Text Module.

<b><i>Reward if it is helpful.</i></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u have mintained all the transalation for the TExt u r ptrining so it is printing in logon language by default in the print preview..

but while printing the form from the relatedtransaction it is printg in the EN have u checked the <b>NAST-SPRAS</b>.. base on this the text elements will be printed on differnet languages.

now wht u have to do is for the text elemetn u r print u need to mention the

Logon-Language. &sy-langu& for the text elment language..

can u please tell me wht u r using text module to disply text or some other?

if u use the text module u have to specify the language which u want ot display...

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved. Reward all Helpful answers

Regards

Naresh Reddy K