cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Clients in SAP CRM 7.0 EHP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Folks,

IN my current project i want to use CRM Interactive reporting apart from regular BW reporting .    I know that CRM reporting and BW reporting are not supported in same client/same system i.e in CRM.

So my questions here are :

1. Can i use the regular CRM client  for the interactive reporting aswell ?

2. Or should i have two different clients (Like 100 & 200) in the CRM server, one for regular CRM functional and another one for CRM inteactive reporting ...

Regards,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

1. Can i use the regular CRM client  for the interactive reporting aswell ?

It is not recommended to have common client for CRM as well as BI reporting client.

2. Or should i have two different clients (Like 100 & 200) in the CRM server, one for regular CRM functional and another one for CRM inteactive reporting ...

You can have 2 clients one for CRM functional and  second for CRM interactive reporting.

Refer SAP note below for more details on CRM interactive client configuration

1146395 - Configuring CRM Interactive Reporting

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response.  to eloberate on 2nd question... my CRM interactive reporting is different from regular BW reporting for CRM , which i will be setting up on the already existing BW serever...

So, I am talking three different clients here :   A) two on CRM server ( one for CRM functional , another one for CRM interactive reporting)

B)  third one would be already existing BW client on the already existing BW server which is being used for other servers like ECC , SRM , SCM etc

So, is this approach correct ...

THanks in advance Deepak...

Regards,

Rakesh neni.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Having different clients for CRM interactive reporting and BI reporting works well.

Ensure that you follow the configuration steps rightly and data replication happens rightly in respective clients.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak,

Could you please share your experience  in terms  of having two clients in CRM one for CRM functional and one for CRM interactive reporting...

have any of  your current or previous customers approached this two client system on CRM server ...

Regards,

Rakesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I read Note 1146395 and also SAP CRM C41 Best practices from April 2014 ( For SAP CRM 7 EHP3) and it seems that we can run reporting on same machine.

'The NetWeaver stack that comes with CRM itself can be used to run CRM and reporting on the same machine. This guide describes the installation and the configuration of CRM Interactive Reporting.

Have you had performance issues running on same client? Or the issues are more related to ther process where BI is involved and in RSA1 we will have some process not working because the way the logical system needs to be set up for Interactive reports? I am asking this question because I want to make sure we test processess that can be impacted by enabling Interactive reports.

Regards,

Marta Miyazaki

Answers (0)