cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between Acknowledgement contains application errors and Acknowledegement contains system errors

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any body tell me the exact difference between Acknowledgement contains application errors and Acknowledegement contains system errors in

sap xi/pi .

If the Acknowledgement  contains these issue still the Message reached to targer system? or not.

can any body clarify these query.

Thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks vila for ur reply,

If the Acknowledgement  contains these issue still the Message reached to target system? or not.

can you clarifty this in detail.

Regards

Madhu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Acknowledgement  contains these issue still the Message reached to target system?

Application error: the erros has been raised by the application inside the system then the message has beem reached the target system.

System error: it depends of the error, but the error can be that the asynchrounouse message had not reached the target system.

Regards.

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks vila ,

So if the Ack status contians application error means message reached to target system ok.

Then the next case is Ack status contians System error so message doesnot reached to target system right so in this case wat can we do can u  plz guide me on this case im in production support enviroment.

It would be great help ful  for as im new to sap pi that to support envivornment.

Regards

Madhu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

First of all you should tell us the adapter that you want the acknolewdege treatment, because not all adapter support the same ack's and the means of each ack can be a little different,

For example for the IDOC_AAE ack treatment check this blog:

Then the next case is Ack status contians System error so message doesnot reached to target system right so in this case wat can we do can u  plz guide me on this case im in production support enviroment.

As far as i know when i faced up a system error ack the problem was that message didnt reach the target, i cant assure you 100% that other system errors could happen.

If you have a system error ack, you cant do so much. You can only check with you infraestructure team or your basis team the connectivity and when it will work you can resend the error status messages.

Regards.

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vila,

Thank you so much

Details are im working on sap pi 7.1 and Adapters is idoc(sender) and proxy receiver adapter.

Here one more point i need to duscuss is everday there is thousands of messages are processsing with ack status like

No errors in Ack status and System error status and application error statuses.

But target system side and users are not raising any issues regarding this so wat does it mean.

Regards

Madhu

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

N MADHU wrote:

But target system side and users are not raising any issues regarding this so wat does it mean.

Target system maybe does not now that some messages did not reach it in case of system error. It's the senders responsibility to ensure that it can deliver the messages.

In case of application error the target sent back that it wasn't able to process the message. Then also it's the senders responsibility to act accordingly.

Cheers

Jens

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens for your reply,

As a pi consultant what can we do here in this case.

Regards

Madhu

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no silver bullet for this kind of situation. You'll have to analyze differen error situation and act accordingly.

For system errors: Try to figure out if target system is the correct (intended) system that the sender indeed wanted to send to. If so, try to determine why the message failed (system down, service unavailable, firewall, network issues, etc...)

For application errors: Bring together sender and target system responsibles. This normally should be done by the process owner. If there's no process owner, clarify who's job this is. You as PI consultant still might have a todo (in case of wrong mapping for example). Try to figure out what't going wrong by looking at the application error details (especially what went wrong in the target system)

Cheers

Jens

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cheers,

Thanks for your reply .it clarifies my doubt and im closing this thread.

Regards

Madhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Can any body plz help me on this.

Regars

Madhu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Have you check these links:

Acknowledgement types - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

The main difference is that in system ack we are talkin about the message arriving to the target system and in application error how this message has been processed.

Regards.