cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umlaute within registration (Password / SUP 2.2 SP 2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are having another problem through the registration of a user with SUP 2.2 SP 2. Using a password with any Umlaute like 'ä,ö,ü,ß', SUP logs are showing an exception and the connection gets lost.

Next to the problem of Umlaute within the mobile user name this is another problem, is there a known issue?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the fast replay. Yes thats why I mentioned that the Umlaute issue was solved with the mobile username. But this is a different one, we can't create an mobile user with a password containing any Umlaute...

Thanks, Christian

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

Since this issue was fixed with SMP 2.3 SP 03 , can you give a try with it  ?

( seems you are working with SUP 2.2 SP 2 )

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I tried to reproduce it by giving SMP password having umlaute. I tried to create another admin user in SCC having the same role as supAdmin and having password as jitend@20. when i press 'OK', i get this message:

Rgrds,

JK

PS:  SMP 2.3 SP04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitrenda,

it's not the supAdmin user, it's the user password of the application connection. But we tested the password with 'äöü...' under SUP 2.2 SP 04 with an patch created by SAP, based on SUP 2.3 SP 04 and it worked fine.

As we are working on another scenario at the moment with SUP 2.2 SP 02, my question would be: Is it possible to use this patch, for SUP 2.2 SP 04 also for SUP 2.2 SP 02? Or would it be better to create an individuel incident?

Thanks Chris 

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The patch provided should be specific to the version you given in the incident, that might be specific to that version. So you should create a new incident to get a patch for SUP 2.2 SP02 or you can upgrade to SP04 and apply the patch.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

thanks, so we need to create a new incident.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thread link mentioned by Virinchy in above reply has raised by you only. Is this query a different one?

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Sislak,

The Umlaute   issue was fixed with SMP 2.3 SP03

Please refer for details.