cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown values in Property/Value column missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I am new to Web dynpro Development and have the following problem. When I define a UI element the value dropdown help is missing in the Value Column. I presume it should be loaded somewhere but do not know were and by whom. Please assist so I can get the editor to work properly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Coenraad van Staden,

the Value needs to be bound to the attributes which are defined in the context tab of the view.

II feel you are talking about the Input field UI element rather that lable UI element as displayed in the screen shot.

Please NOTE:The Value property is not present for the Label UI element

@Katrice Hawkins I do not think your reply would help as he is concerned about the value property of the UI element

Let me know in case of any further doubts on this.

Thanks,

Shitanshu Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitanshu.

Please NOTE:The Value property is not present for the Label UI element 

This is my problem. Do you mean we do not have any values for the design property of a LABEL UI element? If this is so where will I get a list of these possible values. I have found 'header1" and "header2" but I feel they should be available when you click on the dropdown icon in the value column of the properties screen but in my editor nothing happens when I try to open the dropdown...NO VALUES

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the Lable UI element does not has the value property, it has text field which can be bound to the attribute or can be directly hardcoded.

So do not be confused, its not neccessary that every UI element should be same for every UI element.

In case of any further query on this please let me know.

Thanks,

Shitanshu Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitanshu.

The purpose of this design property is to define certain display characteristic of the label. If you enter the value "Header1" into the value field for the design property then the text that you assigned to the label is shown with a bigger font and also in bold.  I want to know why are these diffirent characteristics not available as options in the dropdown help in this value field of the design property. If it is not available, I would like to know where can I find the values and what do they do to the format of the text that is linked to the label. KH suggested that I should look at the domain WDUI_LABEL_DESIGN, but in my system this domain only have 3 values in its value table and I am also not convinced that it is linked to this field as it allows me to enter other values than the values in the value table on this domain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The design property field is not purely a dropdown field, its a combination of dropdown+input field.

So in input field, you can enter the desired value and in dropdown you can select list of values available.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per your above snapshot, you want drop down values in design property fo the label as shown below

If so, the values in that dropdown are maintained in domain WDUI_LABEL_DESIGN (PFB the snapshot)

Other alternative way

1) Create an attribute of type : WDUI_LABEL_DESIGN and bind it to the design property of the label.

2) In WDDOINIT( ) of the corresponding view, set the value to that attribute as per your requirement ( i.e . 02 = EMPHASIZED,01-LIGHT,00=STANDARD).

Revert back for more query's...happy to help you

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice.

Thanks for the reply but I am still confused. Surely the values should be available as a standard. I have noticed that you could enter values like 'header1' and 'header2" as values for the "design" property of a Label UI element. I would have expected these different values to be available when I click on the dropdown icon. When I do this in my editor I find no values.

If I understand you correctly you suggest that I do this manually by creating the attribute and setting it to a specific value using the WDDOINIT method for each UI element I use in the view. If I may ask why is it then that we have the dropdown value if there are no values behind it. It is as if the domain used have no value table attached to it.

Thanks for the help but I need more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coenraad,

Can you pls check domain WDUI_LABEL_DESIGN ( if it has any values ) in SE11?.

I think in your case it has no-values.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KH.

I checked and this domain does have a value range with 3 entries, standard, light and emphasized. Athough no values are available when I click on the dropdown and I pressume that this field is defined in terms of the domain DWUI_LABEL_DESIGN, I am able to enter the value "Header1" into the design value field.  If this field did uses this domain then it should not allow any other values than those in the value table and when you hit the dropdown value the values from the value table should be availble. In my editor these values are not available.