cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant determination in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In Sales order when we enter Sold-to and Ship-to we are asked to select a sales area.

Now when we enter a material in items on what criteria SAP finding the plant ?

Because when I enter 2 different materials I am getting different plants.

Can any one explain me the Technical flow how SAP finding the PLANT for an item.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being an old member of the forum, there is no need to stress the importance of adhering to forum rules where it has been very clearly mentioned that asking basic or repeated query is not encouraged.

Your query has been discussed en number of times in the past and had you searched before posting here, you would have got inputs as to based on what parameters, system would fetch delivering plant in sale order.  Take the inputs from there and avoid posting again similar query

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will give first preferance to CMIR ,T .CODE VD51,If u not mantained in cmir , after that system will cheak customer master ,if u not mantain in custmer master then system wil cheak material masster,what we have mantained  in material master it automatically determined into sales document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagesh,

I have a case where I did not have entries in VD51 for my customer-material info record.

As per your explanation, I should get (DWERK) plant from customer master to all my items but it is fetching different plant for different items.

I have plant filled in my customer and material master data.

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please, refer to this thread:

where almost the same subject was previously discussed.

Best regards,

Andrea