cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA for java systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have configured EWA for 3 java systems and the reports are getting generated. The thing here is that all the 3 reports contain only 4 sections Service summary, Landscape, Service preparation and data quality and Software configuration. The reports do not contain performance,patch details,etc as in the EWA reports for ABAP systems. Please advice whether java reports contain only the above mentioned 4 sections (or) if anything needs to be configured for getting the other details.

Thanks,

Aishwarya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya.

1. Is your systems Java only or part of dual stack?

2. What are the versions of your Solman and Java stacks?

3. For java only systems to knowledge Solman Diagnostics agent should be running on the Java stack and the CCDB must be updated accordingly.

Depending on your versions you could look at the following:

963882 - Solution settings: Configuration of EWA for Java systems

1824881 - Troubleshooting EarlyWatch Alert (EWA) Grey Rated Reports and files to attach when opening an OSS message

Also helpful blog which may be of assistance but please provide more details.

http://scn.sap.com/people/tom.cenens/blog/2011/01/17/java-earlywatch-alert-report-make-it-tell-the-t...

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thanks for providing the documents. The scenario here is that the java systems belong to our customer and the solution manager is ours. I have configured EWA for the customer java systems from our solution manager. Regarding your questions,

1. The customer java systems are java only systems

2. Our solman version is 7.1, SP12 and that of the java system is NW 7.3,SP8.

3. The customer has setup diagnostic agent and it is running properly.

Thanks,

Aishwarya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is the version of your solman diagnostics patched to? Probably be good to check if not updated go to:

http://service.sap.com/patches
A - Z Index - > Select letter S
SAP SOLUTION MANAGER
SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1
Entry by Component
Solution Manager JAVA Stack

Patch for SOLMANDIAG 710 SP11

Also follow this note:

976054 - Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components

1827116 - Rating not determined (Grey) at SAP EarlyWatch Alert

As for the content I do not have sample earlywatch but if configured correctly you should have performance detail etc...

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

We have not installed diagnostic agent in our solution manager.

Please confirm me what all configurations need to be done on both customer system and our solman.

Thanks,

Aishwarya.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

You need to install diagnostic agents on each system.

And the run managed system configuration for these systems.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Thank you for the response. Could you please confirm if any other settings are required apart from those you have mentioned above?

Thanks,

Aishwarya.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aihswarya,

Please refer wiki page:

Diagnostics Agents - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Also,

Run RTCCTOOL in all ABAP systmes and update ST-Pi and ST-A/PI

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/EWA+7.1+Display+and+Schedule

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/The+EWA+workflow+-+a+closer+look

All other aspects will be covered in System Preparation and Basic Configuration.

Make sure above is executed correctly.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

I would like to inform you that the EWA reports are getting generated for ABAP systems properly (ie) with all the necessary sections. But for java systems only, the generated reports contain only 4 sections.

Thanks,

Aishwarya.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. Please install DA and complete MSC in solman_setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have set up SLD data supplier from your java system? And do you have diagnostics agent, host agent and Wily Introscope installed and set up properly? And is your outside discovery working? You'll see that in LMDB when looking at the host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The scenario is that the java systems belong to our customer and the solution manager is ours. I have configured EWA for the customer java systems from our solution manager. As discussed with the customer, they said that SLD data supplier is setup in their java system and diagnostic agent and host agent are installed and setup properly, but they are not connected to our solution manager. Also, the customer is not using wily introscope and outside discovery. Please tell me what all settings/configurations need to be done on both java systems and our solution manager to get the entire EWA report with all sections.

Thanks,

Aishwarya.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please provide the release, version and SP levels of your JAVA systems ?

Also, that of your solution manager.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Actually, the scenario is that the java systems belong to our customers and the solution manager is ours. I have configured EWA for the customer's java systems from our solution manager. The version and SP of the java system are NW 7.3 SP8 and that of our solman are 7.1 SP12.

Thanks,

Aishwarya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The support package levels shouldn't be the problem, I think you just need a Wily Introscope to have more data in your EWA.