cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay Costs in PP/DS Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How do the optimizer calculate the delay costs? The docs explain that the delay costs are given by the total delay time in seconds multiplied by the cost dependent on priority (https://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/38/026e3903fb070de10000000a114084/content.htm). But, the delay time is between the requirement date/time and the receipt date/time or between the initial scenario date/time and the optimized scenario date/time?

When I make some tests with the optimizer in the client's server, the delay costs seems to be 4 multiplied by the number of seconds between the initial scenario (before running the optimizer) and the optimized scenario. Does this makes sense? There's a transaction where this behavior is configured? I think the right procedure is to calculate the delay costs based on the requirements and not in the initial scenario.

Thanks for your Help.

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I found the cause of the strange behavior. When I optimize a resource and I don't include the handling resource, the Goods Receipt Processing activity can't be planned by the optimizer. Because this activity can't be moved, it counts as a restriction, so the optimizer use the goods receipt processing activity start date/time as the new requeriment date. Then, the total delay time is calculated as the difference in seconds between the production operation end date/time and the goods receipts activity start date/time.

Because the handling resource didn't change, it looks like if the optimizer use the initial scenario.

About the multiplier weight in the delay costs (that in my case is 4), I'm not still sure but I believe that is a coeficient used when the delay is related to activities of the same order (production activity and goods recepit activity).

Answers (0)