Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAProuter ports

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I need to establish RFCs connections between two sap systems (abap) in different networks so I'm planning to use their saprouters but I have some doubts about the ports and the saprouter string.

Let's use the following examples:

Network1:

SID1 = NW ABAP

SR1 = SAProuter

Network2:

SID2= NW ABAP

SR2= SAProuter

If I need to stablish the RFC from SID1 to SID2:

The path would be: SID1 -> SR1 - SR2 ->SID2

Please correct me If I am wrong:

• between SID1 and SR1 the port in use is 3299?
  • between SR1 and SR2 the port in use is 3299?
  • Between SR2 and SID2 the port in use is <>? Here, Im not sure if the port in use 32xx, 33xx or still 3299

My saprouter string would be /H/<Private IP SR1>/S/3299/H/<Public IP SR2>/H/<Private IP SID2> ??

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are trying connection from SID1 to SID2 with a ABAP connection(Type 3)  use the following.

/H/<ip of SR1 seen from SID1>/S/sapdp99/H/<ip of SR2 seen from SR1>/S/sapdp99/H/<ip of SID2 seen from SR2>

There is no need to specify target port. If you are using this on ABAP connection, all you need to give is the system no of the target, if you use load balancing, you need to specify the logon group.

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time Yogesh, however, even though there's no need to specify target port I need to give that information to networking team and also for modifying the saprouttab (I cant use wildcards).

Regards,

JAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

the ports for either ABAP system would be standard ABAP ports, so if it is a R/3 connection and you system number is 00, the port will be 3600, if it is gateway, it would be 3300, also you need to open the dispatcher port which is 3200, last 2 digits are your system no, here is a link with all ABAP ports.

AS ABAP Ports - SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP Security Guide - SAP Library

Yogesh

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time Yogesh, but what I wanted to know which of those port is used between SR2 and SID2 for this case (RFC from remote SAP System).

Regards,

JAM

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jam,

for the RFC communication gateway will be used, in your example

a gateway in SID1 --> SR1 --> SR2 --> a gateway in SID2

so the gateway ports 33XX will be used.

regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

from SR2 to SID2, open ports 33<your system no> for gateway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I am not sure what your backend system is like, if it is a HA/load balanced scenario, this would change, if you can give me your system no of Backend ABAP and let me know if this is a load balanced scenario, I can give you accurate inputs.

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the information Yogesh.

Regards,

JAM

Answers (0)