Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Autosave and Recover window – Always opens

scott_kelson
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I open a Web Intelligence document in BI LaunchPad, I recieve the following dialog box:  Document Autosave and Recovery.  Documents are now saved automatically when the server times out.  See the online help for more information.

When I check the "Don't notify me again" check box and select the OK button, the dialog box disappears.  However, when I open a Web Intelligence document again, I receive this same dialog box, even though I had checked the "Don't notify me again" check box.  This is occurring in SAP BI 4.1 SP3.  This same behaviour did not exist in SAP BI 4.0.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi scott,

If the user has Save rights , then save the report after you clicked Don't notify me again.Next time you don't get it.

If the user don't have Save rights ,Try this

Go to CMC.

For the appropriate user or group, Web Intelligence > Advanced > Add/Remove Rights.

For the right 'Documents - enable autosave', in the Specific Rigths fro Web Intelligence, select 'Explicitly denied'.

scott_kelson
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sathish,

Thank you very much for your help.  Is this a bug in 4.1?  In the 4.0 environment the user was able to just check the "Don't notify me again" checkbox without saving the report.  Now, our users are getting this in the 4.1 environment and they are not saving reports, so they get this dialog box over and over again.

Thanks,

Scott

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I didn't noticed this in BI 4.1 .Did you tried second approach.

scott_kelson
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This customer is concerned about the second approach.  They don't want to disable autosave from users just to save them from this dialog box.

Thank you again,

Scott

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

You can make this option disable only to users those who don't have save rights(I hope they belongs to some group.You can make this as group level restriction) .It is not all affect anything.

Answers (0)