cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Sapscript : text is flowing outside the box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

In Sapscript,i have a dynamic field of length 150 chars that needs to be printed in a column in a box.Now the problem is since its length is 150 chars value is overflowing to other boxes also.I cant use &it-value0(10)& &it-value11(20)&.........................bcoz since its a dynamic field i wont be knowing where the space of the word would come(Eg:if i follow above method for "methyl alchohol" then it would print as "Methyl alch" & "ohol" ).If any one knows good solution,please share it with me.

Regards sajid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The symbol value is viewed as a sequence of ‘words’, each separated from the next by either one or a string of space characters. The C option has the effect of replacing each string of space characters with a single space and shifting the ‘words’ to the left as necessary to close up the gaps. Leading spaces are completely removed. The results are the same as those of the ABAP command CONDENSE.

<b>Syntax:</b>

&symbol(C)&

Regards

Sudheer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the disadvantage of sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

This is a weakness of SAPScript. There is no good solution for this, because you can't query the exact size of the printed text in pixels or in centimeters.

And of course for example a W character is much wider, than an i character...

You might try out to maximize the field, and use tabulators (,, characters), when you are printing it.

Or you might think about to use a smartform instead of SAPScript, where it is much more easy to solve.

Regards

Tamá