cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Transaction set for Serial numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using 810/850/856 for communicating with our customers. We now need to send the serial numbers also to the customers. What EDI transaction set do we need to use? Any helpful links?

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Serial numbers may be placed in the REF segment of EDI 856. But it really depends on your customer's requirements, SAP IDoc is most likely mapped in some middleware anyway. You can find EDI 856 documentation in Google or your middleware provider might have it.

JP already covered the SAP side of it.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your IDoc need to have a segment which should included that data in your IDoc. You can check with E1EDL11 : IDOC: Serial Number for field SERNR : Serial Number.

Thanks & Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Jyoti for the reply.

I was asking about the EDI transaction that has the ability to send the serial numbers for the materials to the customers. Can you or someone point me to the right EDI transaction & section for that?

Thx

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you anytime work on EDI?

Thanks,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i mentioned in my 1st post - we use 850/856 for communicating with our customers. I was asking is there a segment in those EDI transaction set 850 or 856 for sending the serial numbers. we use ANSI X12 format. Let me know if you need more information.    

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you are aware EDI 850 is for PO. How that is relevant for Sales Order(Outbound)

Well, EDI 856 is for Advance Shipping Notification. Where

Std Logical Message TypeStd IDoc Types
SHPMNT or SHPADV

SHPMNT01

SHPMNT02

SHPMNT03

DESADV

DELVRY01

DELVRY02

As I already mention in my previous post that you need to check the respective IDoc do you have segment E1EDL11 is the IDoc for Serial Number field SERNR.

If the said segment is not there, then extend the IDoc for the desired segment.

Else, check whether serial number is getting populated in respective qualifier or not in outbound IDoc message.

If serial no. value is not getting populated, then investigate why that is not happening? Whether you need a little enhancement to enable that? Or probably you don't have serialized material for the said business process.

Thanks,

JP