cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate TO Creation Random Bin Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have the following situation: We are trying to set Immediate TO Creation Random Bin Management within Warehouse No. 001 from Storage Type AAA to Storage Type BBB. We need that once the stock level of Material A01 in SType BBB drops below the Minimum Quantity, the system immediately creates a TO for replenishment: search for Material A01 in any Storage Bin in SType AAA (source) to be sent to any empty Storage Bin in SType BBB (destination). So far we have done the following:

1. Maintained WM 2 View for Material A01, Wh No. 001, SType BBB:

• Maximum Quantity: 150

• Minimum Quantity: 100

• Replenishment Quantity: 50

2. Copied (used as template) WM Movement Type 319 and created WM MovType 719:

• Source: SType AAA

• Shipment Type: A (Stock Removal)

• Requirement Type: P (Production Supply)

• Manual TO Creation Not Allowed

3. Under “Define Replenishment Control for Storage Type”:

• Warehouse No.: 001

• Storage Type: BBB

• Replenishment MovType: 719

• Replenishment Technique: 2 (Transfer orders (immed.) random)

When the stock of Material A01 in Storage Type BBB drops below the Minimum Quantitity, the system is not generating the TO (It does not generate the TR either) for replenishment.

What are the correct steps to set up Immediate TO Creation Random Bin Management? Or what is missing from the above setup for Immediate TO Creation Random Bin Management to work?

Thank you in advance,

Leonidas Oyaga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

After working the problem with people from other areas of the company, we found out the problem is Batch Determination.

Since the system could not determine the batch, it was unable to generate the TO automatically after delivery TO confirmation.

The same happened when trying to do Material Stagging. Since the system could not determine the batch, it was unable to create the TR. That is why Tx. LP24 was not working either.

Thanks to everyone for your help and inputs.

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear leonidas ,

Greetings for day.

Try generating replenishment  TR , TO manually for business case .

if it works manully , Kindly schedule background job for auto TO creation and try evaluating .

let me know results.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jinoy,

Thank you for your input.

We are trying to get immediate TO creation; we want to avoid running Jobs and/or reports.

Our main issue at the momento is that not even when running LP24 the sistem creates the TR. As you can see from the complete thread - Manish´s posts - we have been struggling with that. When trying to do material stagging, the system generates an error.

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga 

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the system creates a TR, please go to LT04 and enter TR number, try generating TO.
*** Does it work? ***
1) If NOT, then post the screen from storage bin search log so we can analyze it.
2) If YES, then definitely immediate TO creation settings are the problem. Notify us and we will try to help further.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

When we run Tx. LP24 and try to do Material Stagging the system generates an error. Therefore, so far we haven´t been able to create the TR.

Best Regards

Leonidas Oyaga

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best thing to do is debug the code, enter /h in LP24 and go step by step through code to see the exact cause of the problem.

If I come up with another solution I'll let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I checked using a lower quantity but I am getting same Error Message: Message No. LP306.

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally i am able to reproduce the same in my system could you please share the screen shot of Movement type screen

SPRO---LE---WM--ACTIVITIES--Define MvT type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Image of Mvt Type

Image of Replenishment Control

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonidas,

If you will look at the standard Mvt 319 detail it is destination storage type where value is entered as 100 (in your case source is having 701 don't you think it should be into Destination or are you planning to pick from 701 and transfer to 703 (LP24 screen shared earlier says that you are running the LP24 for Storage type 703)

Can you please share your exact requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

We are planning to transfer from SType 701 to SType 703.

After confirming a delivery TO that lowers the stock level of material A01 in SType 703 below the minimum quantity, we need the system immediately creates a TO from SType 701 (pick/source) to SType 703 (deliver/destination) for material A01.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonidas,

Based on the information supplied by you i have simulated scenario in my system and i am able to execute it successful could you please check the setting against the below screen shot

MvT detail

Replenishment control

Material Master

Warehouse Stock

LP24 Screen

Select Line item and press Material Stagging button (You can also double click on the line item to get the detail)

Staging executed successfuly without any error

press the button so that system generates picking request

You will find a TR in your system (Use T-Code LB11 to find the TR)

Now answer to another query why Auto TO creation fails, as in this case we are not defining the Storage bin system is unable to find the source / destination storage bin hence u are supposed to create the TO manually against the TR (Expert opinion needed from other SCN member)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I went through the images you posted above and rebuilt my scenario just as yours. I am still getting the same error: the system is unable to do material stagging, thus unable to create the TR.

I am going to check with other areas in the company to see if they are getting errors that might be related.

As for Auto TO creation. We need not Auto TO creation but immediate TO creation. That is, without running any job or report, as son as a delivery TO that reduces stock in SType below the established Mínimum Quantity (WM 2 View) is confirmed, the system creates a TO to replenish the SType. This can be done for both, fixed storage bins and random storage bins.

Thank you for all your help.

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonidas

if you are familiar with the debugging or else take the help of Development team and check the flow of data in the below mentioned Function during execution of LP24

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonidas,

Please check the setting for AUTOMATIC TO creation under

SPRO---LE----WM----ACTIVITIES ----TRANSFERS----DEFINE MVT TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I believe the setting for Automatic TO creation implies running a Job/Report. In our case we are looking for immediate TO creation: as soon as stock level of material A01 in SType BBB drops below mínimum quantity as a result of the confirmation of a TO, the sistem should immediatley generate a TO that removes material A01 from SType AAA and delivers material A01 to SType BBB (without needing to run a Job or report).

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can i ask you to run LP24 and check whether using the standard T-Code are you able to create the TO. Might be there is some other issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes, when I run Tx. LP24 the system generates a report specifying that a replenishment is needed (please see image below).

However, when I try to create the TO, the systems generates an error: Message No. LP306 (please see image below).

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can i request you to please reduce the quantity and check with less (Requirement quantity is very high so might be any conversion is failing internally) just a guess