cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source HU determination while picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up the outbound scenario with automatic pick-hu creation.

The Picking storage type is HU-managed and each bin contains only 1 HU max.

When WT is created, system determines the source bin but not the HU present inside.

When I confirm the WT in foreground, I have to dropdown(F4) which gives the HU for selection.

Why this is so?.. Why system is not determining the HU present inside the selected bin?

Is there any relation with quantity classification in General setting for Storage type settings?

Please provide your thoughts on this, whether my expectation is correct?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Set up Level of Available Quantity>> under storage type>>

The Level of Avail. Qty determines how the available quantity is determined during a stock removal. The only two options are Storage Bin and Highest-level HU. If the available quantity is determined at the storage bin level, then no HU will be assigned to the warehouse task when it is created. This would allow the warehouse operator to select the stock from any available HU while performing the stock removal.

For example, the available quantity should be set to the storage bin level for bulk storage types. This would allow the warehouse operator to remove the product from any HU that he can access, rather than potentially being told to remove the stock from an inaccessible HU.

If the available quantity is determined at the highest-level HU, then the HU is assigned to the warehouse task when it is created, and the warehouse operator would not have flexibility to specify a different HU during the stock removal. The available quantity should be set to the highest-level HU when the HU must be specified in the warehouse task, such as for staging areas, packing stations, deconsolidation stations, and counting stations.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj, It worked

Thanks a lot!

Abhishek_Singh5
Participant
0 Kudos

Very nicely explained

Answers (0)