cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM - Bin Angle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very new to EWM so my knowledge is limited. My company will be implementing EWM within the next year and a half and we are trying to better understand the different functions of EWM.

Could you please explain what the bin angle is and how to use it?

I know it defines one corner of a bin, but does it actually pertain the the degrees a bin can be tilted?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

with the coordinates you define one corner of the bin. With the angle you describe how the bin "turns around" this corner.

When the angle is 0, the coordinate is the lower left corner of the bin. Using the angle you turn the bin around this one point. It is important so that the system understand where an aisle in case of a shelf is. And it is actually very... trick. Best thing is to try. But you also need to create a network / edges to see if you have it correct.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that systematically you turn around the bin from the angle? So could a bin have 4 angles "corners"?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"So could a bin have 4 angles "corners"?"

... ? Sorry, I am afraid I don't understand your question.

There is only one corner, this is given by the coordinates.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh, I think I understand more now. So the angle is one corner determined by XYZ coordinates.

Can you explain more on this topic? "With the angle you describe how the bin "turns around" this corner."

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably "turns around" is the confusing part, of course the bin does not "turn". Please see the two attached screenshots.

In the first one you see the details for the bin GR-Zone, the red circle in the lower left of that bin shows the coordinate of the bin and the pop-up shows the angle (0). The second one shows the GI-Zone, the coordinate and the angle.

Helps?

Really complicate it gets for shelfs.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a few questions.

Is the angle in degrees? and is it from 0 to 360?

If the above is true, then why is bin GI-Zone tilted 180? Which would be upside down, correct?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it is degrees. And why 180? Because 0 means that the "allignment" of the bin from that point is in "normal" x / y direction. "Allignment" means in which direction the bin stretches due to its dimensions. The above two bins have dimensions of 14 m length and 25 m width (this is set up in the bin type). If the angle is 0, the 14 m are in x direction (like in the first picture). If the angle would be 90 degrees - the 14 m are in y direction, therefore the bin would stretch 25 m in x direction (that is what I meant with "turn around the corner). And with 180 degrees the direction is negative.

I have changed the coordinates and the angle for the bin in the second picture to show the effect, in reality I would not do that for this bin, as it is easier to work standard in x and y directions. The thing gets more interesting (and more complicated) if you look at one of the shelfs in the picture. Because you need to figure ot where your first bin is and in which direction you want the aisled to go.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I understand now!

But why does the bin GI-Zone have to be turned 180 degrees?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It does not have to be. I just did that to make it (hopefully) understandable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh okay. I understand now. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm back with more questions!

From your pictures of a warehouse drawing, how do you determine the side of the bin that has an opening? Does the angle determine the opening side?

Also, we discovered that our warehouse is 16 degrees off from facing North. So, if we were to set up our warehouse drawing would the whole warehouse drawing be off by 16 degrees based on the navigational N,S,E,W?

For example, in your drawing I will assume that this warehouse layout is facing North at 0 degrees so it is perfectly aligned with North on a compass. The picture below shows this.

Since our warehouse is off by 16 degrees would the Y axis be determined by the 16 degree difference? Please see picture below.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby. Or Dan.

Does anything I wrote before refer to cardinal directions?

"Since our warehouse is off by 16 degrees would the Y axis be determined by the 16 degree difference?"

Of course not. It does not matter at all where North is.

And if you do not try it, especially with a rack, you will never get it.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Of course we would like to try this and gain experience, but right now we do not have the ability to.

Thanks!

Bobby

Answers (0)