cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging tabs in ME23N (Display PO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone else experience problems when trying to merge tabs in this transaction?  When I merge some of the header tabs, the Line item detail tabs stop functioning properly and I can not display both header and line item tabs at the same time as I can in the web gui.  Any insight would be appreciated.  We are using Personas at the following levels:

Personas Component: 100

Support Pack: 0002

Kernel Version: 721

Support Pack: 140

Regards,

Max Borenstein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max, according to me and based on what I have been experiencing whilst trying to 'personify' ME21N, I would say that the issue is with all ENJOY transactions and I have attempted various scripts that all seem to fail miserably (surely due to me not knowing enough about them).

Based on my research, this is a summary of what I have tried:

Firstly in transaction /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI, make sure there is an entry for ME21N in 'Maintain Control ID Overwrite Logic'

Record a script to expand all areas of the screen in the normal transaction and then include it in your flavor - this can be automated by putting the script ID in the 'On Create Handler' line in your main screen properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, in case you are interested, here is the response I got from SAP support:

Dear Customer,

The SAP GUI application has a minimum screen resolution

requirement of

1024x768. This is also applicable to Screen Personas. However,

for an

optimal user experience in Screen Personas, it is recommended to

use

displays with higher resolutions. The browser toolbar and

Screen

Personas frame occupy screen space that limit the actual

space

available for the screen controls. Also, the controls in

Screen

Personas are slightly larger in size for improved

readability.

All the three panels can be made visible in the screen by

increasing

the screen size by using one or more of the following

techniques:

1. View Screen Personas on a display with a screen resolution

higher

than 1024x768.

2. Hide title bar and toolbars if not

required.

3. View Screen Personas in full screen mode - the URL query

parameter

fullscreen=true can be used with the latest client version of

SP03/2.0 SP01 or a higher SP.

4. Hide favorites bar or other toolbars

in browsers or view browser in

full screen mode.

5. View Screen Personas

without the frame using the URL query

parameter frameless=true.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, I was just facing the exact same issue recently.

The reason appears to be caused by the tabs' height that you are caching. You probably cached a tab that's taller than others, such as Partners or Conditions. Since Personas does the caching by clicking on each cached tab before the screen is rendered, this will cause the item details area to be collapsed. As long as the cached tabs are the same height and are not the tall ones, this won't happen.

At least this is the explanation I received from SAP Support...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your info Tamas!  I hope Pesonas Development takes a look at this and creates a note for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I just tried your suggestion and it still does not work with the item detail tabs.  I combined the header tabs "Delivery/Invoice", "Address", "Approvers", and "Org. Data".  All are the same height tabs.  But now the item detail tabs do not respond when I click on any other than the first default one called "Material Data".Clicking on any other Line item tab results in the whole Line item section getting collapsed.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I didn't say this is my suggestion... it was the explanation I received and didn't have time to investigate further.

I'd suggest to open an OSS incident about your scenario. I feel there is something going on here... at the same time, I also heard that it is not recommended to create Personas flavors with tab merging for Enjoy transactions because of their complexity and the usually many controls embedded into each other potentially causing unexpected behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas for your information.  I'll put in a ticket and post SAP's response on this board.