cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Validation for mandatory Settlement rule for WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a specific requirement in my project.

we have here 2 types of project profile.

In one profile my requirement is to maintain settlement rule on WBS level before start execution.

While trying to set validation, m not able to get the required table in table fields for settlement rule.

Please let me know what is the right method to adopt that ??

Actual requirement :

While try to set user status : EXEU, system will pop message for mandatory settlement rule at WBS level.

Thanks & Regards,

Narender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share the screen shot of the area in your project where you want settlement profile as mandatory field?

And please specify some more on your requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

My requirement is to set settlement rule as mandatory before change the user status from CRTD to EXEU.

I want to give this rule as an information also, if someone miss the mandatory field.

Dear Sanjeev,

Its true that we can check the WBS status through CN43N, But requirement is to set the settlement rule as mandatory item before change the user status from CRTD to EXEU.

Meanwhile i will try to use the table COBRB and COBRA for settlement details.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi..

you can work with your abap-er (unless you are fluent in abap yourself) and create a validation in wbs level that will use function module STATUS_TEXT_EDIT 2 times (one with parameter BYPASS_BUFFER = '' and also BYPASS_BUFFER = 'X' to check if the status actually changed from CRTD to EXEC. In one case the function modulereturns the status that was saved in database and in the other case it reads the status from the buffer in case the user has changed it and has not saved the results yet).

If this is the case you can check on COBRA/B tables if settlement rule exists and pop-up error messages.

Let me know if it works

Panagiotis

Former Member
0 Kudos

waiting for your valuable replies.....

Regards,

Narender

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

your requirement is not very clear so what i understood the query according to once you set EXEC status that means those wbs is ready for settlement right?

so why you are going to validation?

normally just check wbs status in CN43n transaction the filter all EXEC's status wbs and create settlement rule one by one based on NWA -> L2 WBS -> L1 WBS -> PSG.

While try to set user status : EXEU, system will pop message for mandatory settlement rule at WBS level.

Check with abap for populated message if wbs have status EXEC.

JEST table for status

COBRB and COBRA is the tables for settlement details.

Let me know any issue?

Regards,

Sanjeev