cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a SC using asset as account assignment - SRM 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am using account assignment asset when creating a shopping cart.

Will SRM 7 always generate a purchase requisition when using account assignment asset?

Is it possible to generate a purchase order instead of a purchasing requisition when creating a shopping cart using account assignment asset?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Karin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

In SRM7 we have a configuration setting for creating the Follow-on document.

SPRO->SRM Server->Cross Application basic settings->Define Object in backend system(PR,Reservation,PO)...

or You can use the Business Add-In BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE if you wish to implement a different logic for creating documents in the backend system. or use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI ..

Regards,

Sankarbabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankarbabu,

I have checked that configuration, but there it is correct.

I can not find the reason why it is creating a pur req instead of a PO.

The information is coming from a catalogue. When using account assignment cost center, then a PO is created. If I change the account assignment to asset, then a purchase requisition is creating. This is for the same catalogue item.

I don't understand the logic!

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

Could you please check the configuration for product category and Account assignment category and G/L account setting in SPRO

SPRO-> SRM Server-> Cross application basic settings->Account assignment->define G/L Account for product category and Account Assignment Categoery ..

Please try to maintain Prdcatgry + Source sys + Acctasscat(AS) + G/L Acct default..

And maintaine the Prdcatgry + category ID + Source sys + Int proc..

Please check ..

Regards,

Sankarbabu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phillip,

There is an asset number assigned in the SC!

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

Is this happening to on all the shopping carts with all the product categories or only with specific product category?

Also in the  screenshot you have captured "Internal Procurement as--Always external procurement"....can you make sure the field "External Procurement " option should be selected to "Purchase Order if item data complete, otherwise purchase requisition"

I feel the "External Procurement" option is selected to "Always Purchase Requisition" that is why the FOD for shopping cart is generating PR instead of PO..

If it is fine please check "BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE" if anyone changed to logic to create PR when the sc if fully approved...

0 Kudos

Karin,

Is there an asset number assigned in the SC?

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankarbaku,

Both configurations are already maintained.

Best regards,

Karin