cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock upload

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I am uploading stocks in WM ,I am encountering one error for one particular material,

Storage unit type P1 not maintained for material xxxx

Diagnosis

There are no suitable storage units defined for the storage of this

material.  These units are mandatory, however, for stock placement in

block storage.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

without warehouse management views he would get a different message, hence MM01 or MM50 would not be the right transactions. Instead MM02 and MM17 can be used to maintain the storage unit type in the palletization data in WM2

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

It worked but one more query is it mandatory i have to maintain the SUT in WM 2 view if i am working with Storage unit management.But in that case it becomes fixed bin though i have checked for the storage type the strategy as B

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I do not understand why you get a fixed bin if you add a SUT in WM2, can you elaborate?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan

Are you trying to upload the stock from external file, if yes what is the storage type / storage bin maintained in your Upload file

if no, then is system trying to search the bin as per the search strategy and defining the bin. if that is the case check how many bin do u have under the block storage type and what is the limitation (As per block structure how many SU can be maintained there in the bin) maintained for that.

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I had gone thru your earlier thread in forum which says that, only when fixed bin strategy is given in storage type the system will ask to enter the fixed bin,I am surprised even when i have maintained strategy as B the stills ask for fixed bin to be entered.

while creating the material master for WM view if we key in the value for storage type  after plant & s.loc will the fixed bin field will be enabled irrespective of the strategy maintained for storage type?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, you are just creating useless material master data

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I accept but the fixed bin has been made as mandatory filed in MMR.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the fixed bin field is only visible if you enter the storage type in the organisation pop-up. If you do not work with fixed bins, then you do not need to create a view for storage type in your material master.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

Based on the message shared by you it seems that destination storage type is Block and SU managed please have a look on the below setting

- Material master WM2 view, Under LE Qty SUT  P1 is defined or not

- SPRO---LE---WM--Strategies----Storage bin type search

Assignment ----Storage unit type               Storage bin assignment

check whether the storage unit type P1 is assigned for the storage type or not

- SPRO---LE---WM--Strategies----Putaway strategies ----BULK Storage

whether P1 is maintained against the storage type or not

Please let us know if all the setting are in place and still if you are facing any issue

vijay2006ece
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

Get it extend the material to the storage type(P1) with MM01 or MM50 transaction.

(Can be found in Warehouse Management 2 View)