cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing plan issue in Milestone Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to configure milestone billing plan for a item. The item category group is 0005 and the item category is ZTAO. When I click on the billing  plan tab, system takes to the Invoice plan screen and not Billing plan. Configuration made to link billing plan type in item category. I am unable to change the value as per milestones in the opened Invoice Plan screen.  I have also linked milestone billing plan in item category but only Invoice plan screen opens. Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

The billing plan propsed in sales will be taken form the item category but behind the billing plan type
there is customising regarding the billing rule '6' for periodic plans and 1,2,3,4,5 for milestone as well
as this there is a default screen overview for the plan.

You should check the settings here:

OVBI   periodic

OVBO milestone

OVBJ maintain date category

Check in OVBI for your billing plan is the 'Fcode-overvSrn' field set for a periodic plan ?
It could be defaulting the incorrect screen ?

I did a small test in our system and changing the std types 01 and 02 in the item category was enough to bring in the expected screens for each billing plan type.

Hope it helps 
Kind regards
Brian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your inputs Brian and Navaneeth. Changing the Billing plan type in the item category solved the issue.

Regards,

Madhavan

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Have gone through the link, was it helpful or not.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somehow missed that link earlier. Was very helpful Anandkumar. Thank you.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavan,

You are not using either a WBS as the account assignment object at the line item level.

If you use that WBS, and that WBS has some milestones either within WBS or at network level, then all the milestones related to the WBS element will come in the billing plan screen. Then you can enter your values or percentages based on the billing rule.

Also, you should not fill the field "Reference Plan" in this case.

If you have any doubts on this, pls lemme know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha Krishnan,

Thanks for the inputs. As you have rightly said, I am not using WBS element. My objective is to enter milestone billing plan for the service item created. Settings for Milestone billing have been made in the material's item category. (Billing relevance: I and Billing Plan Type: Z1).

But, when I click on the Billing plan tab, instead of opening Billing Plan screen, Invoice plan screen is opening. the value in the field "Reference Plan" is also coming automatically. Please suggest how can I arrive on the Billing plan screen.

Regards,

Madhavan

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont have WBS elements or networks in PS, you cannot have Milestones. Milestone is a concept from PS.

In that case, you cannot add milestones. But as you have shown the screen shot, you can add date categories and control things using them. This is very much possible.

Billing plan or invoicing plan are same to my knowledge. It wont make any big difference.

For reference billing plan, check your billing plan settings. You have included this reference plan in the MS billing plan type. Thats why it has come.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Please send the screenshot to understand the issue crystal clear.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached screenshots for your reference Anand. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhavan

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find the URL and refer the document and check the configuration settings it might be useful to you to get the billing plan screen.

http://www.slideshare.net/anandkumars/milestone-billing-configuration

Hope it will help you.

Anandkumar KS