cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Character Error in Message in PI after PI-PRD Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We had a PI PRD upgrade 3 days back  from (PI NW 7.3 ) from SP-07 to SP-11.

After this upgrade we ar facing one peculiar issue which was not there before upgrade.

The messages containing special character like '&', ", etc is not getting parsed and throwing error.

The messages having no such characters are passing smoothly.

Is it upgrade related issue??

Thanks

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Are you experiencing the problem only when loading the payload from the Message Mapping in ESR?

Please try to change the & to & before running the payload. Ampersand is a special character for XML, so you have to convert so the system will read it as a normal & character.

I am using PI 7.11 and experiencing the same when I do a plane copy-paste of the payload. This is not an upgrade issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI! Jennilyn,

In case of Synchronous Web Service , the data is coming from ECC , so we  can not change it in runtime.

Kindly share how can we handle this characters ??

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

We usually handle the special characters from the sender's payload using Java mapping.

If you are sure that special characters are properly processed in the previous version of PI 7.3 using the Graphical mapping, I suggest you send an OSS note to SAP.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

There is not a problem to introduce a java mapping in a response of a ECC system, at least if you are not using a standard PI software component. You can set in the response Operation Mapping, two mappings, the first one the java mapping and the second one your current mapping.

Java Mapping example:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Jenny,

We have raised OSS message with SAP.

This was working fine before upgrade. But problem has surface after upgrade

Thanks

Sumit

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sumit,

I dont know why the main reason of this error now and it didnt appear before. You can try to use & instead of & to avoid it.

Regards,