cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ariba ITK File Based Integration using SAP PI with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently we are planning of integrating ARIBA with SAP via Ariba Integration Toolkit installed on SAP PI.

I have gone through the Ariba procurement solution SAP guide but I am not able to understand the design flow in case of File based integration for uploading the transactional/master data to SAP from Ariba system.

My understanding as below:

1) Ariba Procurement Solution will generate the transactional data in a CSV file and place it the desired FTP folder.

2) PI will pick the file from the above placed location and transform the data as per standard mapping content provided.

3) PI will generate an output CSV file and place it the ECC folder.

4) ECC will download the file using ABAP program provided by Ariba and upload the data to SAP database.

5) In return ECC will place the csv file informing the status of the transaction done.

6) Following the same process PI will send the data to Ariba Procurement Solutions.

Queries:

1) If above design is correct then what is role of ITK installed in PI?

2) Does FILE based integration is supported for PI 7.4?

3) Please guide me for the design flow in case I am wrong.

Thanks,

Nida Fatima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

what is the draw backs of using itk to transfter the data form ariba network to sap erp ???

pkar036
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/rds-aribap2p

Hello All,

First of all, apologies since its almost a year later, that I am responding to the ticket. But as it goes with a very old saying, " Better late than never ", it might help others with the same question.

There is an RDS package that guides experts on the integration of Ariba Buyer realms with SAP ERP, and it supports various connectivity options, say like over PI, or ITK or just send the master data via a Direct connectivity, etc.

You can find more information in the link above. The page also has contacts, if you need more information on the topic.

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nida,

Were you able to solve your issue? cause i have a similar requirement and was wondering if you managed to integrate PI with Ariba and pick the files from ARIBA network and post in SAP?

Thanks

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saiyog,

Ariba integration with PI is working for us.

ITK upload and download jobs are working fine.

Regards,

Nida

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Fatima,

We have to pick a csv file from an FTP location in Ariba and then do a mapping in PI, i thought to pick the file with a file adapter using FCC and then continue processing to SAP,

To my understanding, we would use the Ariba network adapter only if the data is in cXML, please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nida,

I am new into SAP-Ariba integration, can you please eloborate on your answer?

"Ariba integration with PI is working for us.

ITK upload and download jobs are working fine."

Does that mean SAP Network Adapter is installed on PI for transactional data messages and ITK is installed on PI for Master data upload and download?

Can you please guide on what documents needs to be referred and how to proceed on SAP - Ariba integration using SAP PI?

For Transactional and Master data if you can kindly explain using one example, it will be really helpful. Also if you can explain on what all approaches are possible and recommended for integration.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

0 Kudos

Hi

Could you share solution

Holmba
Explorer
0 Kudos

A typical scenario for sending,for instance, a PO from Ariba to SAP:

1. Ariba makes a SOAP request containing the order to SAP PI.

2. SAP PI converts/maps the SOAP payload to a RFC call.

3. Makes a RFC call to SAP ECC.

4. RFC response is sent back to SAP PI.

5. SAP PI maps the RFC response to a SOAP response.

6. SAP PI returns the response to Ariba,

Specifically for SendPurchaseOrder ws-interface in Ariba, Ariba expects that the SAP ECC purchase order number is returned. The PO no in Ariba will be changed to the SAP ECC PO no! Sometimes thats not what you want.

Also there are a lot of settings in Ariba that controls how and when orders are sent, if the order also will be sent to Ariba Network or just to SAP ECC´...and so on.

The other choice (csv.-file):

1. Scheduled job using the Ariba ITK downloads 4-5 files containing the purchase orders.

2. SAP PI will have to collect all files, merge them into one file. Real pain....!!!

3. SAP PI have to map the merged file to RFC request,

4. SAP PI calls the RFC in SAP ECC.

5. SAP PI gets RFC response.

6. And so on...

I would use the WS whenever it is possible, but Ariba does not support WS calls for all interfaces.

Hope this helps!

Andreas