cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 'Partial Quantities Management Strategy-A' without Storage Unit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have requirement to use partial quantity management strategy A i.e. we want the system to pick material from partial pallet first than from full pallet.I got to know that to use this strategy you should have storage unit management implemented. But we are not using SUM. Please advice how we can still use this strategy by another means.

Regards,

Vishal Verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use this include to write your code: ZXLTOU07.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

you can use the user exit EXIT_SAPLL03A_005 where you can write the logic to sort the LQUA record internally on ascending order of quantity (LQUA_VERME) and then pass the value to create the transfer order.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you need any further information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal ,

Please try maintaining rounding quanity in warehouse management view 2 , this works at storage type level.

Here quantity will be rounded down when materials are picked from this storage type  hence all partial quantity will direct to partial pallets .

Kindly try same and let me know results.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jinoy,

Thanks for the response. Can you please elaborate more with an example?

Regards,

Vishal Verma

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Further to my reply, standard strategy is useful only when SUM is active since in your case SUM is not active you need to go with the custom code in the user exit mentioned by me in earlier thread also please have a look on the below mentioned standard SAP link

Strategy A: Partial Quantities First - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

Kindly try below .

Storage type A - control quantity = one less than pallet quantity. ( Partial Pallets )

Storage type B - Control Quantity = Pallet quantity.

Try creating transfer order and system should propose Storage type A for partial pallets and storage type B for full pallets.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Jinoy

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jinoy,

As far as i know the solution proposed by you is suitable for Picking Strategy M- Large / small quantity and the solution holds good when you are storing the partial pallet in SType A and Full pallet in SType B. if you are storing partial pallet across the warehouse (in all the storage type ) then the solution proposed by you won't be much helpful.