cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add image carousel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been trying to add an image carousel using an HTML viewer widget in my Hana portal website in vain.

I have an index file with the carousel, which i have uploaded in the content folder along with the images; but when i use it in the html viewer, it doesn't work.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Arka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arka,

Could you post your HTML file? I'll be happy to have a look.

Regards,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the html

I have uploaded the images in the appropriate folders in "document" repository in Cloud platform.

Some how it doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arka,

I cannot really try it without all the folder hierarchy (including JS files etc.)

Does the HTML work outside a widget, as a standalone HTML?

If so - what console error are you getting when running inside a widget?

Thanks,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

Yes the html works outside the widget.

Attached screenshot is what i see in the widget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you give me access to your site? (simply make the site and pages public and send the public URL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The site is not public...

Please set both the site and the page as Public (in the Access Management panel).

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

also the QR code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no.

You can add me as an author to your site (username i068162).

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is asking for your email id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see you have put the HTML and the entire JS code on your document repository.

Basically the document repository is not meant to contain application code, however it might work nonetheless.

Note that for files to be available to consume externally, they would need to be put inside the Public directory of the repository. Files put outside the Public folder can only be consumed in specific out-of-the-box widgets (like the Image widget, Document widget, etc.)

Try putting your files in a folder inside the Public directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have put them in public folder. but still it doesn't seem to work with the HTML viewer, but some how i was able to use the share url of the slider in the URL widget.

and i am also noting that the upload document wizard is not very friendly (atleast in chrome).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The URL widget would be the only way to consume HTML applications from the repository (again, this is not officially supported). The HTML widget is intended to upload a standalone HTML file with no dependencies. Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks for the feedback about the repository.