Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Time Entry and Self Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where a Time Administrator in HR entering time in CAT2 is not allowed to approve his own time entry in CAPS but allowed to approve other employee's timesheet.

I have maintained the infotype 0316 in P_PERNR with PSIGN value = E. the time admin can still approve with this authorization. am i missing anything ?

3 REPLIES 3

pmuschick
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you trace him? (or a test case in dev?) - can you provide output of STAUTHTRACE?

Any other general problems could be:

* Is P_PERNR activated in T77S0 / lookup with tcode OOAC?

* Is the object activated for tcode in SU24?

* Is the IT0105.0001 connection between SAP user and pers.no. valid in the current time frame?

But a trace will give a lot of feedback on the real issue. The setting with P_PERNR 0316 / PSIGN = E should be sufficient IMHO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively, maybe the user has another P_PERNR authorization for IT 0316 where PSIGN is "*" (overriding the one where it's "E").

You may also want to check the AUTHC field of that P_PERNR authorization. The authorization for approving is "E" and not "W" if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck,

Brent

0 Kudos

That is why we require a short summary of given authorizations to the user: P_ORGIN(CON//XX/XXCON) / P_PERNR values of the whole objects and the trace. Any further debug else than the main switches is (sadly) only a wild guess of the cause, but could lead to a solution.