Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch number in Display mode only..

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While creating sales order--we want to keep the field batch number derived --should be in display mode only..

I tried with SHD0--But not working(after activation of this as standard variant)(both the screens at 4451 and 4490 too)

I tried with SE51--but problem --currently we dont have the access key with us..

Also what is 4001/4003 screen number at the F1 help--technical settings.(this screen numbers are not giving me an option of output only)

Here i have to go with exit level only or what --Please Guide??

If so --can i use the exit---USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in MV45AFZZ---Please suggest.

See the screen shots for more clarity..

Phanikumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can go for userexit_field_modification. You´ll find examples in internet in case you need them.

Regards,

JM

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr Joan mas for your help.Let me try with the exit.But before customizing can you confirm the following things to me.

If we press F1--technical settings on field batch number in item---sales A tab(it gives the screen numbers of 4451 and 4003--at bottom)

what is 4003--is it sub screen number??

so where i need to apply my SHD0 settings--in 4451/4003--pl help..(but 4003 screen--no option given by system as output only)

I observed in one more client 000--surprisingly this batch number is in display mode--How it is possible??

can you help here for better understanding..

Phanikumar

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The screen number 4003 is for batch input, it will be used for LSMW.

I have also did transaction variant SHD0. But the filed is not goes to display mode.

I observe that, its quite depend on your material master. If you material is not batch management, then the field comes in display mode, but for batch management material, it comes normal editable mode.

Can you explain, if you suppressed the field, then how can you enter the batch number ? Is it coming from any source in your system ?

If yes, then you can use an user exit or badi to restrict the batch changes.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain, if you suppressed the field, then how can you enter the batch number ? Is it coming from any source in your system ?

Once a batch number derived through determination technique--user is not allowed to change.

So we want this field in display..

also when the material is not batch managed--then this field will be in display only --thanks for help on this.

Phanikumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200568
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can definitely achieve your requirement through Enhancement or User Exit, Take Help of your ABAP team & find the BAdi or Enhancement which will trigger at your required Screen no. 

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can definitely achieve your requirement through Enhancement or User Exit, Take Help of your ABAP team & find the BAdi or Enhancement which will trigger at your required Screen no. 

Dear Deep--here the question is what to use..

as you know as functional guy--i cannot go to an abaper with your suggested answer.

I respect your enthusiasm in participating..

Phanikumar