Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Control Functionality

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My Requirement is to know about copy control functionality. whenever I create a Return order with reference to billing document, then copy control routine is called. Thats working as expected.

But when i change quantity of the line item material, then copy control routine is not called.

Is it working as per the copy control functionality or we can do some config settings to call copy control whenever there is change in quantity as well?

Please help!!

Regards,

Ishani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you change the quantity while copying data? Are you talking about changing quantity or selecting some specific line items? I've checked in my system and I am not able to change quantity because it is in grey in copy control. I can only select line items.

Thank$

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After Return order screen is displayed. There on Line item , i changed the quantity (in Creation Mode of Return order).

Thanks,

Ishani

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please share the screenshot?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ishani,

Could you please send the screenshots of the VTAF copy control settings (both header and item) you have done.Then it will be helpful to provide solutions.

Regards

AG.

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please help me in letting know the functionality of FPLA copy control routines. Its use and behaviour.

Thanks In advance.

Best Regards,

Ishani

Former Member
0 Kudos

FPLA is a data transfer routine. It transfer business plan data from source sales document item to Target sales document item. it is used from sales document to sales document for copy control like Quotation to Sales order.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Manoranjan.

If we have to copy value of one condition type from one document to another document, then which DataT routine we can use.

Please help.

Regards,

Ishani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy Condition type value from source document to Target document controls Pricing Type in copy control.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually pricing Type was D and value of one condition Type was not getting copied From Billing document to Return order.

Please suggest pricing Type to be used,

Thanks,

Ishani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ishani,

Please confirm you have used pricing type H or D. Use pricing type D(Copy Pricing element unchanged)

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoranjan,

Actually initially Pricing Type Was D but condition value was not getting copied

From Billing document to Return order. 

Later, Functional consultant changed it to H and then condition value got copied from Billing document to Return order.  But when we change the quantity in Return order then scales are determined again and value of that condition gets changed.

And the Requirement is to have same value of that condition type as its in Billing document.

Thanks,

Ishani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please share why to change from D to H.

H means redetermine freight conditions. Please debugh it why system not picked condition value if u select pricing type D and raise messages to SAP India.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoranjan. I will consult Functional consultant for the same.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, you are not suppose to change the quantity in return sale order.  This being the case, can you give some justification as to why there is a need to change the quantity.  If you find answer to this, your rest of the queries posted here would be addressed.  Nevertheless, either you increase or decrease the quantity in sale order, system would pop up a message which can be controlled to pop up as an error message in OVAH.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

this is business requirement. They can do return order of partial quantity.

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

It will be very helpful if anyone Can help me in letting know at what point copy control routines  can be called?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please share screen shot of Copy Control - VTAF(From Billing Document to Return Order).

Regards,

Manoranjan.

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes i will share that, Pricing Type is H. Does that make any impact?

Thanks,

Ishani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you configure Pricing type is H. For standard pricing type is D = Copy Pricing elements unchanged.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ishani gupta

Pricung type H means then system redetermine fright condition(if Pricing type H then system redetermines only frieght condition for which condition Type in F, once cheak your copycontrols between VTAF

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

The condition for which I am getting issue has no value assigned in condition category. That means that condition is not freight condition Type.

So,even if H is maintained as pricing Type , it wont affect my condition type.

Please correct me If my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Ishani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the copying routine works during the process of the reference actually happens. By the way, whats the routine that you use is meant for ?

Regards

former_member204244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am doing analysis. Issue is that whenever we change quanity is return order then price of one condition becomes zero. So, tryng to find if data transfer/copy control routine can be called after there is change in quanity.