cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Retrieving Archived Billing Doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have searched a lot about how to retrieve archived document in sap, I have found some useful links like:

CommonStore for SAP

Retrieving Archived Files - Data Archiving (CA-ARC) - SAP Library

But still there are some problems. If I use the procedure described in the first link the "Reload" button in "Go to" menu is not active.

Also, I checked the second link, there were no "Storage System." to choose.

Besides, I tried solution described in the last link, first of all, there were some infostructure for "SD_VBRK ". Which one should I use?

Secondly, I tried all of them and finished the procedure suggested, still no result and still the billing doc. is archived. Am I right that by archiving, I can change the mentioned doc. in VF02 or I only can display it from archive?

Regards,

Mona

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The archived billing documents cannot reloaded via the menu, because it will only reload incompletely, with less data than originally archived. Hence you would need to reload via program call of S3VBRKRL.

Please see the docu, it explains what will be missed and in which cases only you should consider reloading. I usually search via the archiving object name for documentation

e.g. enter this in Google:  SD_VBRK site:help.sap.com

Variant Settings for Reloading (SD-BIL) - Sales and Distribution (SD) - SAP Library

You can never open an archived document with a change transaction (e.g. VF02) , as archived data must not be changed, it must be protected from any change for legal and audit reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While running the program S3VBRKRL I face this error:

Reloading is officially not supported (Note 373568)

Message no. V4320.

The initial problem is this: I want to delete/archive a Sales order which its billing doc is archived. But due to archived billing and open status of sales order it is not possible to delete/archive the sales order. Because of that, I wanted to return the archived billing doc. to system.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The OSS note explains that you can modify the program on own risk by commenting this error statement.

But I do not really understand why you need to reload the billing document if your goal is to close the sales order. Can you explain what your next steps would be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I want to delete the sales order, It says that it is not possible due to the billing no. ... (which is archived). The status of sales order is open. I guess it is since the billing is archived.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is clear that you cannot delete a sales order which has already follow-on documents.

But the question is why is your sales order not closed?  if you just missed to bill the complete portion, then you may only need to bill the rest to get it closed.

It is important to know everything around this sales order to give a good advice, but I think reloading the billing document from the archive is probably the wrong way and will not lead to a direct closure of the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

I agree with Jurgen that reloading the billing doc from archieve is not a good approach.

I suggest that if the order is partially delivered and partially billed then put reason of rejection in the order and complete it.

Hope it helps

MT