cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC driver class 'org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver for OData SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , I am getting jdbc driver class error for OData SMP 3.0. Can you please guide ? how to solve ? for more information i have attached image (Step2) . Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Can you share the steps you have tried? Maybe screenshots.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra , Sure , But My main concern is i want to connect to MS SQL Server 2008 instead of HSQL . is it  possible to connect to MS SQL Server ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, it is very much possible.Once you get the MS SQL JDBC driver, you have to make it OSGi enabled and have to deploy to SMP3 server. I suggest you to look at

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra , Now I am trying to connect to MS SQL followed by your steps . But getting below error "Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The TCP/IP connection to the host mssqlserver, port 1455 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".)" and also i have attached screen shot for more information. Can you please check it once ? Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please do not mix two different queries in a single thread otherwise it will be confusing for us and of-course others to find out exact answer related to your original question. Request you to raise a new thread if your question is related to MS SQL. Let this discussion go with HSQLDB only. Hope you understand.

CC:

Regards,

JK

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Few things to check:

1. Has jar file been deployed successfully? you can check the status in .state folder.
  2. While opening service document make sure HSQLDB is up and running.
  3. Did you try to look into the SMP3 server log? You will find some errors for sure.

Regards,

JK

PS: Follow this blog series.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra , I am getting below error in server logs . But I dont know how to solve . Can you please help me to solve ? _____________________________________________________________________ 2014 06 05 15:35:40#+0400#ERROR#org.jgroups.protocols.SMP_JDBC_PING##anonymous#Timer-2,,###Error updating JDBC_PING table java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Column 'CLUSTER_NAME'  cannot accept a NULL value. at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source) at org.jgroups.protocols.JDBC_PING.insert(JDBC_PING.java:263) at org.jgroups.protocols.JDBC_PING.writeToFile(JDBC_PING.java:244) at org.jgroups.protocols.FILE_PING$WriterTask.run(FILE_PING.java:257) at org.jgroups.util.TimeScheduler3$Task.run(TimeScheduler3.java:277) at org.jgroups.util.TimeScheduler3$RecurringTask.run(TimeScheduler3.java:308) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:791) Caused by: org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException: Column 'CLUSTER_NAME'  cannot accept a NULL value. at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source) ... 17 common frames omitted Caused by: org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException: Column 'CLUSTER_NAME'  cannot accept a NULL value. at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.normalizeColumn(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.normalizeRow(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DMLWriteResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.open(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source) ... 11 common frames omitted _____________________________________________________________________ Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Error updating JDBC_PING table java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Column 'CLUSTER_NAME'  cannot accept a NULL value. 

Not sure which JDBC_TABLE and CLUSTER_NAME it is pointing.

But you can make sure that:

1. You can set a hsqldb jar file location G:\Softwares\databases\hsqldb-2.3.2\lib\hsqldb.jar in 'classpath' in environment variable. Restart your machine.

2. Are you able to run this command in CMD?

cd "G:\Softwares\databases\hsqldb-2.3.2\bin"

java -classpath G:/Softwares/databases/hsqldb-2.3.2/lib/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.server.Server --database.0 file:mydb --dbname.0 xdb

Do you see a message saying " Database [index=0, id=0, db=file:mydb, alias=xdb] opened successfully" ?

2. While connecting to database (runManagerSwing.bat) make sure you select Type as HSQL Database Engine standalone.

3.. Has jar file been deployed successfully? Check in '.state' folder.

You can share some screenshots to understand your issue.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra , I cant connect still i am getting same error like ____________________________________________________________________ Cannot load JDBC driver class 'org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver' _________________________________________________________________ Can i connect to my MS SQL database in Odata ? do you know ? how to do it ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya