cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Assemblies in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our current customer has a BOM structure with many phantom assemblies. We are assessing if this structure make create any problem in terms of both planning and system performance in APO. So, my questions are;

1) Are there any disadvantages or restrictions of using phantom assemblies in SNP/PPDS?

2) Does these levels reduce the performance of the system, although phantom assemblies will not be planned but will be used to transfer the requirement from upper level to lower level?

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,

<i><b>Ergul</b></i>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

There are no disadvantages to use phantom in APO.it is important to have the phantom material to get the requirement generated for lower level which is APO relevant .

As we are also working in the same scenario... we have hardly faced any problem till date regarding phantom assemblies.

thanks

Kiran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you also plan to use Product Interchangeability of APO, then this is not supported with Phantom Assemblies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any comments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran for your comments. It is good to hear you did not experience any problem.

In this case the next question is that the phantom materials increase the number of products in APO and thus does this create performance problems? How many location products did you plan in SNP/PPDS and how many of them were phantom? Since phantoms are used much in your project, there might be high number of components in BOMs. So, how many items per BOM, and how many finished products did you plan in APO on average? Actually I want to know about the limits of the APO without having performance problems. This is critical because the number of workcenters to be planned in APO will be affected by the BOM structure in APO.

In our case the number of phantoms in a BOM is around 80 and they are mostly until the 3rd level in the BOM (total # of items in a BOM is around 2500, just to give an idea). Since there are too many phantoms in the first two levels the number of parts to be planned in APO increases directly. I know that APO will not plan phantoms, requirements will be transferred to lower level, but do you think we should consider the phantom assemblies while setting a limit for the number of items per BOM to plan in APO?

Any comments on the sizing of the master data in APO is appreciated (both with and without phantom).

Thanks in advance,

<i><b>Ergul</b></i>