Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Activity and Activity Elements

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some basic doubts on Network Activity and Activity Elements.

Activity elements can be used to club all different services into one activity.

As an example, I have a service with 3 different contractors, instead of creating 3 activities, i created one Service Activity and assigned 3 contractors as activity elements. As i understood this will be the purpose of the activity elements. (Correct me if any thing is wrong)

But in the above scenario, i get purchase requisition A/1 at activity level and corresponding purchase resquisition at below levels A/2, A/3 & A/4. This is allowing me to create for all four items. Actually there are only 3 and remaining are 1 is the header for the three.

I can manually change the Service Activity for PR creation as Never, but i need this to be automatically done or through config.

Can you please provide some inputs on how to restrict this PR creation at activity level, when there are many activity elements are below.

Thanks

Terence

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

From my Point of view there is no way we can stop creating of PR unless it is set for never at activity level.

But my suggestion is why cant you have Internal activity with dummy work center and create service activity elements under it to create different PRs as per the different Contractors.

Hope this will help.lets wait for the experts to say on this.

Regards

Aviansh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for your reply.

We can have an option of creating many Internal Activity and assign accordingly to the requirements. Since PS is widely used for large projects, we need to use first activities like Internal / External / Cost / Service.

But for sure, some one might have addressed this issue earlier.

Lets wait for the other experts to reply.

Thanks

Terence

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Maria,

You can prevent the unable to create PR by Status management. if activity have status as PR Not allow then system will stop the PR created untill this status to be as PR allow.

it will work as for Time sheet not allowing to network activity object if ZCAT is set for that activity.

Regards,

Sanjeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply.

These user status are linking with Network header, if i use a status restriction not to create PR, this will affect all activity and activity element.

So i need to manually change the status which will be an additional task.

Regards

Terence

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you have to move it Never condition which may be default by configuration but at least you have to do manual activity once

either change never to release OR Immediately

Nor change status of the activity which will allow to create PR

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Have you tried changing the settings to "Never" for Reservation Relevance/Generation of Purchase Requisition settings in network profile (opuu)?

Please let me know if the system is still generating a purchase requisition if this setting has been changed to "Never".

Regards

Varun

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Sorry for a bit late reply.

If you use Never, we will be having problem on Material Availability check and stuff. Only immediate setting will allow Materials checks, so i cannot go on with it.

How do we use activity element in common ? This is used to add up multiple elements into one activity, if that so, the top activity we cannot do any thing.

Regards

Terence

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Create internal activity at header level & attach activity element (service) to the internal activity. 

So after release of header activity (internal) PR will be generated only for activity elements and not to internal activity at header level.

With regards,

Dnyanesh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dnyaneshwar,

This will be my final weapon.

Currently my client has requested to use

Internal Activities - Multiple Internal Activity Element

External Activities - Multiple External Activity Element

Cost Activities - Multiple Cost Activity Element

Service Actvities - Multiple Service Activity Element.

Here also my concern on this part is External activities and Service Activities, i can do service on both activities, but what is the apt way or different usage purpose with respect to SAP between External & Services.

Regards

Terence

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

"I have a service with 3 different contractors, instead of creating 3 activities, i created one Service Activity and assigned 3 contractors as activity elements. "

1. PR will be generated at activity level only and not at activity element level. 

2. One service, three contractors - You have to create one service activity for 3 contractors and create 1 PR. While creating PO you have to split into 3 different contractors. MM consultant can help you in doing this automatic or semi automatic.

3. If you want PR for each and every contractor, repeat the service activity so that you will get 3 PR for 3 different contractors.

4. Different usage purpose with respect to SAP between External & Services.

If you want to procure materials or sub contract use external activity.

If you want want to procure services, use service activity.

External activity can be used for procuring services also by using service materials and Goods receipt.

Use service activity for auto creation of PR, PO, service entry sheet, release SES, GR and Invoice receipt. Also you can use CATS for receiving services.

Please let me know if you want more information.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your reply.

In my system, i have created one external activity - it gave the PR as 20000123 / 30

Now i created an external processing activity element - It gas the PR as 20000123 / 40

Now i created another external processing activity element - It gas the PR as 20000123 / 50

Let me know how we want to restrict the PR created for external activity

Regards

Terence