cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Input Parameters & Variables

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a situation where, when the user enter “Parent Company”   say for ex: ABC, then the over all

Result should filter by ‘ABC’, and then there is key figure column where I need to consider not equal to ABC and then sum the key figure.

In HANA, here both variables and Input patemters are mutually exclusive. Is there any way that I can pass the value of the variable to the input parameters without writing the code in Analytical or calculation views.

If it’s BW-bex, it was very straight forward, I can create the variable for parent company ‘ABC’, put it as global filter, so that whenever the user selects ‘ABC” it should display on ABC data in the out put.

I can also use the same variable and crate calculated column in BEx and attach the variable to the key figure and say the sum the key figure but exclude the Parent company “ABC’.

I have tried the projection view and try to put filter on it, but it did not work. My requirement is

Whenever the user selects ABC, it should display only ABC data, only 10 records out of 100 records and for one key figure column; I need to aggregate but excluding the Parent company “ABC”.

Can I pass the Variable value to input parameters without writing the code?

Regards

Ramakrishnan Ramanathaiah 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about the following:

Assuming you have 2 characteristics (Plant and Parent company) and 1 KF (Net Sales).

Now let's create a projection with Filter using Input parameter on Parent company (with user input value as ABC), which might give the output as:

PlantcompNet Sales
P1ABC10
P2ABC5

Now, let's create a second projection with the Calc KF "Net Sales calculated" with the formula as:

if comp = $input_value$, then 0 else Net_Sales.. this way you can simulate the EXCLUDE functionality.

PlantcompNet sales
P1ABC0
P1BCD15
P2ABC0

Now union both the projections with two diff KFs, Net Sales and Net Sales Calculated.

PlantNet SalesNet Sales Calc
P11015
P250

Subsequent model depends on your reporting drilldown requirement. If you drilldown Parent company also in the rows, then you will see the split in the values.

Please try this and let us know if it works or what other issues come up.. we can try resolving the issues..

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thank You Ravinrda for the quick update. I will check and update you.

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Could you please provide some sample data for this. Is there any column to identify child-parent relationship.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply , I was pulled in to some thing else for the last 2 days .

Thank you Ravindra & Raj .  The solution is working . It seems the problem is solved.

Regards

Ram