cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Syclo Workmanager Upgrade from 5 to 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alll , I have requirement to upgrade  SAP syclo workmanger version 5 to 6 with iPad Screens . Currently my customer is using version 5 with windows devices now they want to upgrade same functionality with version 6 with iPad screens. Because , as per my knowledge 1) we can create same screens for iPad (if we take Export from V5 and import in V6) . 2) Version 6 is coming with pre-built  iPad screen and windows as well. So in that case have to do modification same way what they done in verison 5 if we directly use standard version 6. but still i am not sure . So , may i know what is correct approach to do this ? or any other optimistic approach ? Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Start with WM 6.0 that already has iPhone and iPad screen support, then modify those screens to add your customized functionality.  Much easier this way than trying to recreate everything that 6.0 already provides starting from your customized version.  It will be possible also to import some of your customizations from 5 directly into 6, but be careful not to break 6.0 functionality by doing this.  Analyze the 6.0 versions of existing routines that you have modified before overwriting them with customizations.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

I agree with Jason but would recommend starting with WM 6.1 (based on SMP3) as the starting point to move forward.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason / Bill , Thank U so much .... I will check it our more on it . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Answers (0)