Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Goods Receipt Accounting Not Generating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I brief the processs....

Our client has trading business.  They have a material that is like a configurable material.  Based on their customer's requirement the configuration will be intimated to the vendor then vendor tells the cost so that they inform the price to the customer.  Based on the configuration the cost always varies from thousands to millions also.

We have considered the material as standard material only (not configurable) and created a separate item category group to identify this material.  Because the configuration of the material is happening outside of SAP, so we have created a generic material code.  But to capture the MAP independently we are considering the material as batch valuated material (automatic batch).  The Individual Purchase Order (third party sales) process is configured to receive the material into our plant.

Once the sales order is created the PR is getting generated in the back ground.  With reference to the PR we are generating the PO and receiving the stock with MIGO.  The stock is updating in the plant as sales order stock.  We are able to create the delivey and issue the goods.  The accounting document at goods issue is happening based on the valuation of the material (the cost at which we did the MIGO).  There is no problem in invoice creation.  Till this process everything is fine.

While doing the Returns Sales process we are facing the issue.  With reference to the sales invoice we are generating the returns sales order then returns delivery and in the returns delivery the batch and valuation type are automatically coming.  But the issue is while doing the Post Goods Receipt the Accounting Document is not getting generated.  The value with which the accounting happened at Goods Issue (sales process) with the same value the accounting should happen in reverese postings at Goods Receipt.  We do not have quality check, so we are using 653 movement type in the case of returns to directly take the stock into unrestricted use.  We also checked the MAP at the time of Post Goods Receipt by giving the batch number but it is showing Zero in material master.  No single PGR of this material is generating the accounting.

Please guide me where to correct the settings.

Thanks,

Sreehari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the return order requirement type , based on that system will create the accounting entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BS Reddy,

Thanks for your reply.

The Requirements type is KEB and the Requirements Class is 050.

What settings are required here???

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sreehari.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sreehari

requirement class 050 level account assignment category is blank , so accounting document not generated ,

you put M , then check the delivery level

check below screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BS Reddy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have maintained the Requirements Type as KEB (Req.Class also KEB) and it has the account assignment group-M and Special Stock indicator-E.

I have run the returns cycle again but still accounting is not gettting generated at PGR.  Below is the screenshot of Req.Class-KEB

Below is the screen shot of T.Code MBBS (Valuated Sales Order Stock).  I think the value should be upated here.

Please let me know know where to correct the settings.

Thanks,

Sreehari.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you share your return document follow

regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After checking all the possiblilities, we have found that the material master data is not getting updated with the valuation type, so we manually extended the material to that valuation type and did the Post Goods Receipt then it has created the accounting document.

Here my question is, should it be required to create/extend the material master every time when the new goods receipt is done with batch / valuation type???

Or it should update in the background automatically???

Please let me know your expert solution.

Thanks,

Sreehari.

vijay_padmaraja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you extend the valuation class in the material master, you need not worry about that material. However any new material has to be extended as well.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The issue is resoved.
Since the process is customized for the client's business requirement (work-around solution), the batch valuation is not getting updated automatically.  So we have proposed the client to update the batch valuation when they get any sales returns (it happens hardly 5 transactions).  It means they need to extend the material with the batch number (generated in MIGO) and use the cost from MIGO and enter in the moving average price field.

With this solution the PGR issue is resolved because the sytem is getting the batch MAP from the material master of that batch.

Thanks,

Sreehari.

Answers (0)