Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect recording Problem in inspection lot

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi QM gurus,

I am working on defects recording..created a MIC and activated the indicator Defects Recording in control indicators.. and in the catalogs assigned the defect type  and Selected set/Code group set ...

Then created a inspection plan for material and assigned the above MIC...then created a inspection lot for this material manually and specification limits are like 1 to 10 mm and I entered value as 12 mm in RR it is showing reject as shown below..

Once I save system automatically creating a quality notification as I assigned notification type to inspection type in SPRO.. that is fine.. but i am not getting below screen automatically to enter the defect details...

What settings I need to do for this..plz help me out...

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get this screen by clicking on which appears at the Left-top corner.

ntn

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.. I know this..but I want this screen to get automatically populated once the result is out of specification..from this screen user will create notification.....please help

Thanks

Kumar

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If You keep the Defect catalog sections as blank then system will automatically give you a pop up screen.

But in this case you have already assigned selected set for defect against this MIC.Hence once rejected system will automatically pick the defect and it can be seen by clicking on the red flag.

Please check this and confirm.

Regards

D Mohanty

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohanty,

Thanks for your reply..It is working fine once I change the settings as per the instructions given by you..but here my question is when system is prompting the screen for entering the recording details,  based on what settings system by default picking up Report type and catalog profile...

where we need to make the settings.. can you make me understand...

Thanks

Kumar

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

These are totally controlled through configuration.

If you check carefully, a notification type must have been assigned with your inspection type.Mostly we are using F3 notification type for defect recording.

Against this notification type a catalog profile QM0000001 is maintained.

Detail description can not be given in this blog, but you can check in the following manner.

QCC0->Quality Notifications->Defect recording-> from this you can check Define notification type,Define report type etc.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

D Mohanty

Answers (0)