Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Additional Appl. Server(AAS) for SAP PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts:

I think I am missing something here.

I am installing a distributed Sap netweaver PI 7.4 using the last SWPM. I have installed the ASCS, SCS, DB and PAS (Primary appl. server). Now, I want to install an Additional Appl. Server. Since PI is still dual stack, is in this point where I have the problem.

When I select the option "additional application server" into SWPM it installs only abap but I need both, java and abap. 

How should be the correct way to install a new dual stack AAS? should I install an AAS for java and other for abap? I am a bit lost here, there had been too much changes in the sap world lately

Regads.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not ask why but, it works using an older version of SWPM.... the truth is out there.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please also review if you should install Dual stack.. (It is still supported by SAP)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60bf3650-e219-3010-ef93-d11928aa8...

note that a single-stack SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Java exists that offers 95% of the features of classical dual-stack implementations. Therefore, customers should investigate whether an existing SAP NetWeaver PI implementation can be replaced by a Java-only implementation of SAP NetWeaver PI

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dual Stack is still supported for PI and Solution Manager. I am installing a PI.

Besides I am just the Basis here, the project is using dual stack PI already they just need another Aplication server.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the path you selecting in installing additional application server.

Is it under SAP Process Integration tree structure?

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks for your reply.

1) I have installed all the components under SAP NETWEAVER 7.4 --> Oracle --> SAP Systems --> Process Integration --> Distributed System (no AAS here as you can see).

2) I tried to install the AAS in the that path, but it installed only ABAP so, I tried the (3) option but with the same result, just abap.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Third option should work. However as you mentioned it did not, Can you try below alternative

Generic Installation Options  -> Oracle

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again but no, no AAS installation option in that path.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After using option 3 , what was the directory structure created?

It looks weird that option 3 did not work, possibly your installer could be corrupt. Can you download new installer and check.

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

The /usr/sap/<SID>/DXX/j2ee/ does not exist and I don't see any java process up. I can not show you right now because I have just uninstalled it. I will try with a previus version of SWPM.

I will let you know, thanks for your support.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

You should choose the 2nd option and prepare your system as per the OS.

Regards,
Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your answer, I did not understand what you mean with "and prepare your system as per the OS."...

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I mean to say that please refer OS/DB specific installation guide and prepare your system so that you don't face any problem at the time and after the installation.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I followed the guides but in the AAS section it only say "install as many AAS as you want" no more details.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Preparing OS for PAS and AAS is similar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, it is the same. PAS is installed correctly with abap+java, AAS just abap... it is very weird.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very useful link, but that is not my scenario. My customer only needs an additional application server to load balance.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then perhaps you can either go with AAS or federated PI.

Dual stack AAS is not applicable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I re-read the link, where do you read that "Dual stack AAS is not applicable"?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Because if you read the landscape pattern, it says why we "each PI instance covers either different kinds of scenarios or different parts of the system landscape.".

So, load-balancing is not like we see in other systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, I will read the link a bit more carefully...

But, I found this link that talks about installing additional application servers. Sadly it says "For more information, see the Installation Guides." and the installation guide says nothing at all.